What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the other day i was trying to change it my brake booster on my 81 Bu and couldn't finish because I had to order one because auto zone didn't have one in Stock, so me and Malibootay were looking at the engine in my 79 Bu and decided to take it for a quick spin and with my luck, we forgot to put the pins back on the hood. So you know what happens next. We're going maybe 40mph and my hood flies up breaks off the hinges (hood is fiberglass) and breaks my front windshield. Luckily we don't crash and the hood doesn't hit the rest of my car. So that set me back at least $500 for my dumb mistake.

Call Her Bu said:
Well the other day i was trying to change it my brake booster on my 81 Bu and couldn't finish because I had to order one because auto zone didn't have one in Stock, so me and Malibootay were looking at the engine in my 79 Bu and decided to take it for a quick spin and with my luck, we forgot to put the pins back on the hood. So you know what happens next. We're going maybe 40mph and my hood flies up breaks off the hinges (hood is fiberglass) and breaks my front windshield. Luckily we don't crash and the hood doesn't hit the rest of my car. So that set me back at least $500 for my dumb mistake.

OUCH... THAT SUCKS... I WAS LOOKING AT A FIBERGLASS COWL HOOD FOR MY BU LAST YEAR BUT IT WAS A PIN ON, AND I KNEW I WOULD FORGET TO THE PINS SO I DIDNT BUY IT... IF IT DOESNT LATCH I DONT WANT IT... I TEND TO BE ABSENT MINDED WHEN IN A RUSH SO I NEED A LATCH HOOD... LOL

I decided to put some cup holders in my center console which will really be a cell phone and stereo remote holder.

Got a nice evening to get the car out
temporary_zps5b2a13bf.jpg

Call Her Bu said:

Had the same thing happen to me last summer. I forgot to shut the hood.It smashed my windshield,ripped right off the hinges,bent both hinges,hit my electric sunroof didn't break it thank god,an the hood ended up in the road behind me, lucky no one was back there.The outside layer of the hood just got scratches the inner structure got f**k up though,Now it's a pin on style hood with no inner support,SO YEA I FELL YOUR PAIN :blam:

Attachments

• pizap.com10.4730753921903671397179129500.jpg
    pizap.com10.4730753921903671397179129500.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 377
drove mine to shop and put new starter on it and shamed a late model mustang following to damn close ! btw, I've been screwing with all the lot bought " hot rods " since I completed my build. kinda sizing up till I get my tune 8) .

Attachments

• IMG_0608.JPG
    IMG_0608.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 358
565bbchevy, your interior pic is awesome, the next step of my build, cage included. ( even though my wife does not like the idea of crawling over the door bar's like on my last monte/pro street/car , lol.). good work and ,keep up the details and pics everybody!

Attachments

• IMG_0584.JPG
    IMG_0584.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 352
jking, slipping a open end wrench over it will determine the size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor