What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
skulledmonte84 said:
Call Her Bu said:
Well the other day i was trying to change it my brake booster on my 81 Bu and couldn't finish because I had to order one because auto zone didn't have one in Stock, so me and Malibootay were looking at the engine in my 79 Bu and decided to take it for a quick spin and with my luck, we forgot to put the pins back on the hood. So you know what happens next. We're going maybe 40mph and my hood flies up breaks off the hinges (hood is fiberglass) and breaks my front windshield. Luckily we don't crash and the hood doesn't hit the rest of my car. So that set me back at least $500 for my dumb mistake.

Had the same thing happen to me last summer. I forgot to shut the hood.It smashed my windshield,ripped right off the hinges,bent both hinges,hit my electric sunroof didn't break it thank god,an the hood ended up in the road behind me, lucky no one was back there.The outside layer of the hood just got scratches the inner structure got f**k up though,Now it's a pin on style hood with no inner support,SO YEA I FELL YOUR PAIN :blam:

I made the same mistake myself once, but I got lucky and somehow I slammed the brakes so hard it slowed down and kept the hood from impacting my windshield and doing any damage... except my ego and took couple days off my life....

put some rocs on the 79(new owner's choice),blasted and sprayed a coat of quickie primer on my 79 bumper cover mounting bracket reinforcements,and wired up my caprice composites on my 87 elco.

Attachments

• IMGA0445.jpg
    IMGA0445.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 500
  • IMGA0446.jpg
    IMGA0446.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 503
  • IMGA0447.jpg
    IMGA0447.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 503
mr dionte! west up homie! glad to see you still at it 8) i messaged you awhile back? im lookig for a 80 header panel for this 79,if you hear of any or get any leads out your way,hit me up.i have a great cond 79 header loaded(headlights,markers,bezels,grill)that i would barter for and as you know quite a big "parts bank" :wink: i also have the flow.as for "catching up",lol thats what mel has me doing,tryin to keep up with him!!!,"his sh*t so niCE,he decided to doit twiCE" :rofl: nehoo as always stay up,and dont hesitate to get me if you need anything for your builds. i misplaced your contact homie, :roll: when you get the chance,message me.

picked up new black nuts for the new wheels, ordered the chrysler master brake cylinder to convert to manual brakes, ordered matte clear for touch ups on the car and to spray the wheels. We couldn't get the matte clear in Canada before and it cost me $70 a quart for the flattening agent so I'm happy about being about to get a quart of the matte clear for under $30.

Ordered a complete pro touring suspension from front to back from UMI for the cutlass! 😀

pontiacgp said:
06 dodge cr said:
Ordered a complete pro touring suspension from front to back from UMI for the cutlass! 😀

awesome, we will need some pictures if that .... 🙂

When I get it on the car I'll snap some pics and post them. I cant wait to see how well it handles!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor