What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

skulledmonte84

Master Mechanic
Feb 7, 2014
near Clearfield pa
papabearxl said:
Finally got the correct belt for the power steering, and finished putting that ln.

Looks good,i got to get me one of them power steering pump/pulley/bracket set ups like that, or get rid of it all together an put an s10 manual steering box down in there.

skulledmonte84

Master Mechanic
Feb 7, 2014
near Clearfield pa
papabearxl said:
Thanks. Wanted it for years and finally pulled the trigger at Christmas....present for me!

i hope you didn't kill them :rofl: To get back on subject,i wipe my interior down with armor all,cleaned all the windows accept the windshield cause it needs replaced an took my door sill plates off to polish them up

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
skulledmonte84 said:
papabearxl said:
Thanks. Wanted it for years and finally pulled the trigger at Christmas....present for me!

i hope you didn't kill them :rofl: To get back on subject,i wipe my interior down with armor all,cleaned all the windows accept the windshield cause it needs replaced an took my door sill plates off to polish them up

No they killed me...$700 for the brackets and pulleys only...alternator I bought years ago and bought ps pump afterthe March kit.

t01blaze

Master Mechanic
Oct 4, 2011
South New Jersey
Got both my upper control arm braces installed. I got a picture of a test fit with the brace pieces welded together before welding to the frame and crossmember.

CAM00292_zpse7a87f2b.jpg

I was very surprised the see that the upper control arm bolts still had blue on them from the factory.

CAM00289_zps22365cc5.jpg

86judge

Greasemonkey
Dec 27, 2012
Indiana
Finaly got my 12 bolt with 3.55 posi installed last weekend. Spent today carb tuning.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 543

BPTTONE420012

G-Body Guru
Jan 20, 2014
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CT
I got tired of looking at the cheap one piece composite lights someone put on my monte so i took them out along with the wiring. took out the plastic housing and spray painted them black... then i took the original two piece lights and wiring harness out of my malibu to put them into the monte, sprayed the aluminum light bezels black and ran out of time... but i set the two piece lights in the monte and it looks so much better... and the one piece composite lights look decent in the malibu, a hell of alot better than they did in the monte... i will post pics in my "build" thread...

RunAwayNJ

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2012
Ocean County, NJ
Finally a decent spring day! Went to a car cruise at Quaker Steak & Lube. Met another guy there with an 86 Olds 442 who did a 403 swap. The motor fit perfectly - looked and sounded awesome. First time I've actually had another 80's 442 at the same show as me, and oddly enough we were the first two cars registered.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 467
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 466
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 468
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 464
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor