What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
brushed the snow off the car cover ( the hood portion at least ) and hooked up the battery tender. Christmas is done ... is it spring yet ?
I am sooooo temped to put the car on a tilt-n-load ( making it dock level ) so I can take it to work for the rest of the winter

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Built a piston stop... which I quickly learned only works with flat top pistons. Need to make a longer bolt.

Message_1515274024715.jpg

• Creative
Reactions: 3 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
As some of you know, I got to finally see my Cutlass painted on Friday. It has been a long road, but I hope to bring it home soon and start assembling it!
20180105_140235.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 8 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Been fiddling around with the choke setup on my motor. Decided to go all "factory" and use the oil pressure sender method. Got a brass T fitting (needed to grind down a bit, would hit the block) and plumbed my oil pressure line into it as well as a two terminal sender. Elongated the factory power wire and made a new choke wire. No dice. Hooked the choke wire to the battery and the choke itself, nada. Ordered a new choke coil, should be here in a few days. Also, I got this little GPS drag racer app on my phone that uses your location to do the 1/4 times. I felt froggy and on a stretch of 55mph road near me I whacked it, and it said I moved a 1/4 mile in 13.89 seconds at 97mph. Now, as much as I'd like to believe that, I need to do some backup runs. lol. Trans shifts nice. Still haven't gotten around to hooking up the kickdown cable, but shifting manual it's almost instant. Also, I need to make my heat work. You know it's cold when your pop from the burger place is colder once home than it was when they gave it to you.

Attachments

• tee1.jpg
    tee1.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 122
  • tee2.jpg
    tee2.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 118
  • tee3.jpg
    tee3.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 121
  • gpsdragracer.png
    gpsdragracer.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 126
Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Went on a drive today, my brakes felt weird. The brake light was coming and going. I thought "Oh that vacuum hose is probably popping off", as I've had that happen before. Nope. All my fluid in the front reservoir is gone. And there is a dark puddle of what looks like black coffee where the rear end of my car was a day or so ago. So, need to find the leak, probably near the rear end, and fix it. Might as well replace the rubber hoses up front as well and now is a perfect time to replace all my missing brake fluid. :L

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor