What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
making a list of things that were removed by previous owner that I need to find later. smog system and cruise control are what I found so far.

Attachments

• 15401276586691354947991513044565.jpg
    15401276586691354947991513044565.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 176
Test fitted my front spoiler today had to drilled 2 holes in each fender, fits really good no other modifications needed, surprising since it’s a eBay part... now off to the bodyshop for paintView attachment 97527
does that spoiler eliminate the lt/rt front bumper fillers at at all or do you have to modify them in any way?does it screw onto the backside of the fenders by the tires?am i correct that it attaches to the radiator support in the center?I'm sorry for all the questions but i'm yet to run into someone with one on their car so i'm looking to see whats involved with the install.

does that spoiler eliminate the lt/rt front bumper fillers at at all or do you have to modify them in any way?does it screw onto the backside of the fenders by the tires?am i correct that it attaches to the radiator support in the center?I'm sorry for all the questions but i'm yet to run into someone with one on their car so i'm looking to see whats involved with the install.

Doesn’t eliminate them, no mods if you have the factory fillers, aftermarket ones need to be notched, yes to the fenders and it does mount to the core support
Here’s some pics
E80DBB24-11C8-409C-BF94-E9DF3DCB65E2.jpeg0D2B0034-076D-41C0-BE3E-E4B7C446F2FF.jpeg8A552BCC-02AB-4BB8-9C5D-1679235982DC.jpegimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 183
I took possession. That counts, right? Got it home, started making a list of the little things to shop for over winter to either work on when I'm free on a sunny day or spring time, depending.

Was bored yesterday, and was also tired of my driver's door being just saggy enough that the top of the latch was hitting the striker. It was off about 1/2". Spent about an hour re aligning my driver's door.
My dad also has a habit of practicing his wet sanding skills on my car, so I took some pics of that. It's the passenger B pillar, rearward of the 1/4 window. First pic is before sanding, with flash, 2nd is after with flash, 3rd is after, no flash to see the reflection. Not bad. this was the metal that was under the old top. Also finally velcro'd my gauges up to the dash instead of having them sitting in the console and fixed the leaky oil gauge.

Attachments

• door1.jpg
    door1.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 160
  • door2.jpg
    door2.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 176
  • paint1.jpg
    paint1.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 156
  • paint2.jpg
    paint2.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 168
  • paint3.jpg
    paint3.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 170
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor