What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally took some time off and went to the junk yard today. Did some serious shopping. I got electric fans from a 2000 Intrepid. I picked up brackets and pulleys from an S-10 4.3 so I can start setting up my serpentine set-up with 2 alternators on my olds 455. It felt great. It had been so long since I did anything at all dealing with my Cutlass. So many people had been asking about the progress on the Cutlass this week. So next week I actually have some news for them. Tomorrow I'm going back to pick up the alternators so I can rebuild them. They need to be at least 200amps a piece for everything I'm running.

Wired my trunk to my alarm remote, so convenient when your hands are full. And I fixed my grille, again.......

I threw some planks and tools into the wagon and set off to repair the gangplank at my dock. It got busted up pretty bad from an all day thunderstorm last week. The owner is a dick so I fixed it myself so my Grandson or anyone else wouldn't break a leg or worse. Then I enjoyed the ice cold AC on the way home, boy am I glad I got THAT fixed this year.

Swapped in the white spring (lightest one in the kit) on my secondary's. I finally feel some low end power.
I've heard a lot of guys say theirs bogs down with the light springs, but mines kickn *ss. Maybe my carb is too small... ehh one step at a time.

Well I set out to change my front coil springs. I ended up having to change my lower ball joints while I was at it. But I feel safer going down the road now.

pontiacgp said:
installed the last wheel now that the tire in on right, installed the radio for my XM and drove her. I still need a bit of wet sanding and then a buffing with a nice new porter cable 7424 with all the disks that I bought today on kijiji. Even tho the car isn't finished it sure got some attention tonite, even a cop gave me a thumbs up... 😀

did you ever post up pics of the finished product ??

deathproof said:
I've heard a lot of guys say theirs bogs down with the light springs, but mines kickn *ss. Maybe my carb is too small... ehh one step at a time.

Could also be your gearing.

joeairforce said:
dlo253 said:
Wired my trunk to my alarm remote, so convenient when your hands are full.

I still need to do that to mine......

Yeah I was slackin for a while haha. Took like less than 10 minutes, well worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor