What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
forgot to mention i got a 78 elco a month ago, straight up trade for my 95 Volvo wagon ...anyways i ran the constant hot to the radio and 4 new shocks...she rides like a Cadillac now 🙂

started to upgrade my fuel system for my 323 swap...

IMG_20120908_194012.jpg

I cleaned up my tail lights and tried out the Red VHT lens paint to cover the sun fade. I am really impressed with the results.

bill said:
Well...today I took the cutlass for a ride through the country to clean out the old gas and warm up the joints. After a 10 mile ride, brought it home to check a few things. While it was idling in the driveway, I was checking the timing, idle, mixture...etc. and I noticed that the fan wasnt coming on. Looked at the temp gauge and it was at 250 and climbing fast! I shut it down and it started sounding like a boiler getting ready to pop....scared me half to death! Needless to say, I yank that electric fan off and put the stock fan on. Turns out, the relay had melted and wasnt working. I guess the moral of the story is.....dont fix it if it aint broke!

Yep dont fix what is not broken I've learnt that the hard way countless times and still have not got the hint. :lol:

-83MONTESS- said:
Swapped out my "freshly" rebuilt Qjet for another "freshly" rebuilt Qjet and im having the same problems. The car wont idle without the idle screw being all the way in and then it idles at 12-1300 rpm. I spent 4 hours today playing with the timing and got no where. I can drive it fine but cant get the idle lower than 1200 rpm and thats wayyy too high for this motor considering I have to put the brake pedal through the floor to keep it from moving at a light. The only thing I can think of is I have a large amount of water in my gas because the first carb was having problems the day after I filled it up. The guy that builds my carbs says he cant find anything wrong with the Qjet I thought had a bad accelerator pump :blam:
vacuum leaks?

odaci0us said:
I cleaned up my tail lights and tried out the Red VHT lens paint to cover the sun fade. I am really impressed with the results.

Pics? Sounds like a good idea..

Added domelight supervision to my alarm, and cleaned up some wiring in my trunk.
Tried making my speedo work, cable is good. Gears appeared fine. Still Wont work. Guess I gotta drop the driveline and all that to take a better look at the gear.

New spectre air cleaner and alt adjustable bracket:

D791C440-1542-4ED6-BBB1-9C097DE21FDB-4528-0000039DADA3E546.jpg

day two of sanding.. its look ok for it to be my first time sanding... thanks youtube 8)

IMG_1561.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

lepewwagon said:
lowered the front suspension and blacked out center of rims

Welcome aboard! Good looking wagon. Post some pics of it when you get a chance. Anything else done to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor