What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oldsmoletick said:
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Picked up a GN Turbo hood today at boneyard $45 out the door for the malibu...:banana: :banana: :banana:

For the malibu :?: Interesting, how are you going to make it fit correctly if I may ask? Or are you just grafting the buldge onto the malibu's hood? Nice find by the way.

Snuck it into work today, it's well overdue for nys inspection 😳 :rofl: .

Its a direct bolts on, screws right into the malibu or any gbody hinges, they only thing that sucks is that the lines on the hood and the lines on the header panel dont line up by like 1/2 inch, jus off by alittle, when i take my bu to colo sand and buff i wil have them paint it and match my lines... Its a process, but it can be done 🙂

Gotcha, I knew they'd physically bolt on (I tried an aluminum Cutlass hood on my bu, lol), but didn't know what you had planned for the mismatched lines. Would like to see pics of the finished product though 8) .

*Car now all inspected and "legal", :rofl:

Oldsmoletick said:
Gotcha, I knew they'd physically bolt on (I tried an aluminum Cutlass hood on my bu, lol), but didn't know what you had planned for the mismatched lines. Would like to see pics of the finished product though 8) .

*Car now all inspected and "legal", :rofl:

Lol,i will try to post as many pics as i can 🙂

got bored so I decided to put this in it today..
IMG_20120912_215607.jpg

but I was still bored so then I installed this...

IMG_20120912_215636.jpg

its 10:00pm and now I'm beat. lol

So I got my fiberglass hood shocks and ball studs the other day.

I was sitting in the garage drinking, and we know how drinking leads to thinking....

I opened the trunk and looked around to see if I could mount my hood shocks in the trunk and get it to work. I am still using a steel trunk and plan to get a bolt on fiberglass trunk from Glasstek.

I found that there were already 2 holes in the trunk lid hinges.

IMG_20120915_161603.jpg

And also a hole below the torsion bars.

IMG_20120915_161733.jpg

I ran an 8mm tap in the one hole, the hole was just the right size for the tap, didn't even need to drill it out.

IMG_20120915_161617.jpg

Screwed the ball studs in. I used the supplied nut on the stud that goes in the torsion bar bracket.

IMG_20120915_162137.jpg

Both sides installed. I had to LOWER the trunk a little bit to get the shocks on, so the shocks are a tad bit too short. The trunk will not open fully with the shocks on. It is a few inches lower.

IMG_20120915_162209.jpg

IMG_20120915_162813.jpg

And after removing the torsion bars, the trunk sits like this. 🙁

IMG_20120915_163233.jpg

Looks like I need a stronger strut for the steel trunk lid. I am going to leave the trunk setup like this for now, since I plan on getting that glass trunk lid. They might be strong enough to lift a glass lid. :idea: The trunk closes and pops just fine. The struts are not strong enough to lift it up fully, or my angle is not good enough using the factory holes...

Tried to drive it to work today only to have it overheat. Started checking it out after work and found that my new $180 Summit radiator had rubbed on my transmission cooler and caused a leak. :evil: Guess I get to try my hand at radiator repair again. Haven't done that since high school.

wow! that looks really good! Which paint did you use? Did you follow the old paint lines? Did you remove the old paint or just spray over it? Looks great...good job

:wax:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor