What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replaced my alternator belt and started spraying some undercoating, and drove it of course!

I drove mine and it's fun with the f body sway bar in the rear. My rear tires are the g-force t/a kdw but they are getting old and hard so they don't stick like they use to and it's kinda fun playing with the back end sliding it around at will..the front are the new BF comps 2 so they stick pretty good. I should order another set for the rear but then I won't want to burn any rubber off the new tires..

Finally bolted my freshly painted front bumper to the freshly painted aluminum reinforcement for the 442.
Hoping to get it on the car tomorrow...

Picked up a GN Turbo hood today at boneyard $45 out the door for the malibu...:banana: :banana: :banana:

9535557E-8FF8-4B0C-89CC-47621B723409-6202-000004EDED78CF1A.jpg

3E0F9AD0-B38B-4B56-B61D-E1126C45F9A1-6202-000004EDF49EEA4C.jpg

Finished up with the undercoating, new hi/lo beams, polished my bumpers up and gave that turtle wax ice car wash soap a try.

Started fabricating mounting brackets for my GTO seats.
Attached a console mounting bracket on the driveshaft tunnel. The car was originally equipped with split bench seats and never had the console bracket. I swapped in buckets and a console years ago but never attached the console to the floor. 😳
BTW, the Monte console isn't going back in. A mystery console will be installed. I'll post some pictures once more progress has been made on the seat swap.

Today I re-patched a hole in the lip under my trunk lid. I realized the old patch had broken when I found my trunk carpet soaking wet. When I get a welder I will do a better fix but fiberglass will have to work for now. Next I will clean up my trunk floor and give it fresh paint. After that I will make a MDF trunk floor and cover it with black carpet and bolt my amp to it 8)

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Picked up a GN Turbo hood today at boneyard $45 out the door for the malibu...:banana: :banana: :banana:

For the malibu :?: Interesting, how are you going to make it fit correctly if I may ask? Or are you just grafting the buldge onto the malibu's hood? Nice find by the way.

Snuck it into work today, it's well overdue for nys inspection 😳 :rofl: .

I removed my factory rear end last night and getting it ready for the 4.11 Detroit Locker :twisted:

I've got new shocks and variable rate coil springs to install wHile I'm there 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor