What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Stopped in the garage very quickly last night because it is damn cold and the car is totally dead with the tender blinking red :blam: Now the fun of powering it back up to be able to pop the trunk to see whats going on with the battery since there is no backup, I really need to get to that soon.

Hernandez3674

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 17, 2018
Went on a two hour drive with my dad to go pick up a Th350 that had 72,000 miles on it. Fluid nice bright red, don't smell like anything. The guy he got it from made the car into a derby car so he didn't want a TH350 I guess. The engine in the car also had a REALLY bad oil leak I guess, the entire transmission is encased in a 1" thick layer of gravel dirt and oil. The guy I got it from rebuilds transmissions as a thing to do. While I was there I walked around his place. He got contracted to do 5 transmissions for pulling tractors, the ones that pull the sleds. I also got the TC, a kickdown cable, one month honorary warranty (trans dicks up, i get my $100 bucks back), filter/pan gasket, a stack of car mags from the 1980s, two of which are actually a B&M shift kit installation booklet from 1989 for a TH350, and a Hughes Performance catalog from 2002. Neat stuff. That guy was pretty cool, knows his stuff.

Hernandez3674

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 17, 2018
I just purchased my 85 Salon with a sbc350/t350 combo. I removed the mini starter and reshimmed it and got the aggravating screech at startup. I also replaced a hacked transmission leaking cooler line with a all metal version. I love my gbody.

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor