What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Plumbed/wired/installed electric pump on the coupe. MAYBE it'll start without cranking forever now...maybe not. Time will tell.

Reactions: 7 users

GroceryGetter83

LS Mafia
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2018
Tampa, Florida
Picked the kiddo up from school in the Cutlass. Seeing her grin from ear to ear as she walked about was priceless. All the kids were asking who's dad that was LOL :cool:

• Winner

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
More Rockauto parts the knock off 327 350hp camshaft and.020 under bearings showed up for my 283 build
Still waiting for the wheel bearing for the Jetta and the new rotors and pads for the front of the 88 Monte Carlo
C083C4B7-E8FA-441D-8DDF-FCC9AEF6EF42.jpeg

Reactions: 10 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Fixed passenger front cage nut. Cut the front of the hole it resides in, tacked the cage back down and welded it back. Ain't pretty but it'll work.
fixedmount.jpg

Put the bushings in their proper places and snugged em down. One of the nuts in the panels I replaced ****ing stripped so I'm going to weld in a nut on top of the old after i drill it's threads out.
nut.jpg

Car seems a fair bit more solid with all new bushings. My old bushings werent completely trashed but I did gain about 1" of clearance above my g force cross member.
gap.jpg

Tank and accessories came so I might get around to installing that, but mainly focusing on things that will make it mobile. I can fill the bowl and move it out of the driveway if need be.

Reactions: 14 users

partsbox

Greasemonkey
May 22, 2016
Maryland
Nice work! Ya know MBS is right around the corner, right? Or, did they fold up? 3" for the win!

Thanks Bruce!

MBS is still there. Have used them in the past for small things like making custom parts, infact that's where I first learned of the Spin Tech mufflers. I was there getting a pipe made for a temporary job and another customer had his El Camino in for a full system using a Spin Tech. It was an unusual looking muffler so it caught my attention. After talking with the fellow El Camino owner, I started checking into the Spin Techs and decided that was the sound I wanted.

For Elsie's exhaust system, though, I went with Tony's Custom Exhaust on Crain Highway where I usually take my larger exhaust jobs. Been using them for ages. Tony himself is a local rodder. They did great as always. I had them use the head pipes from a Jeg's Malibu exhaust kit that I had, but they needed to extend them a touch before the mufflers. I took it in around 9am on a Tuesday morning and picked it up around Noon. Sounds great. Will get some video with sound after I give her a tune up. Never heard a stock 305 sound so good. Now, I really gotta get some gears in her. 😁

Meanwhile, here are some photos of Tony's work:
IMG_5246-vi.jpg

IMG_5247-vi.jpg

IMG_5253-vi.jpg

IMG_5254-vi.jpg

Reactions: 19 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
Small update. Added the jeep column bearing kit to the new to me column. Followed Hutch’s video and it went on easy enough.
91659E64-1569-4085-9D83-38FCAC6970BB.jpeg

Reactions: 12 users

partsbox

Greasemonkey
May 22, 2016
Maryland
Info on hitch?

I went with a CURT 120053 Class 2 Trailer Hitch for Elsie. The bars that triangulate to the bottoms of the frame rails even helped improve handling by controlling side-to-side chassis flex back there. It was a tight fit to the bottom of the rear bumper, I had to ditch a bolt from the bottom center of the bumper, but it was worthwhile. And there was plenty of room for those twice pipes. From the left you can see under the body, the triangulation bar, the bolt/nut that holds it to the frame, and then 6" to 8" before the tail pipe. Hope this helps.

IMG_5253-vi.jpg

Reactions: 12 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
That's awesome,looks good.
I've always wanted to hear those types of mufflers in person.at the time there were sooo many different versions and the stainless versions weren't available at the moment i chickened out.Big chicken over here.

Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor