What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Yeah but I think mine and yours are much different than his, he is a big kid 6'2 probably close to 350lb so can become a monster if he wants to. The problem is that he quit football very quickly and has never pushed himself at anything from what I can tell. He says that he tries but then when I ask what he means by trying I would hardly even consider it any effort. He has had a very hard time passing his learners permit test, he says he tries but that is going out with someone once a week to drive. I tell him that if it was a real priority he would be studying that book day and night or least some every day. He says yeah but I don't see him doing it, it is pretty much all the same at the gym I had to start him with zero weight on anything because he just doesn't have it in him. Now after a month or so he was happy that he was bench pressing 95lb which is what he thought a strong girl at the gym does but she was only using it to warm up. I have told him all along that the weight you lift doesn't really matter as long as you are using correct form and pushing yourself until you fail so that you can work the muscle. But now he has tried getting into the faking it method of saying he is pushing himself, I keep telling myself that he will eventually get it but don't know that he will.

Sooner or later he's going to learn:

It's his choice of how he's going to suffer.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 7 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Oh trust me I've been trying, figured that car stuff is the closest we are going to get. He fell in love with a girl at the gym who had just got out of an engagement and did some vertical cardio with a few of the members at the gym. So I tried telling him that she isn't what he was looking for since he wants a relationship, but he was convinced since they would text and she was trying to help him do cardio that she had interest. I give him credit that he shot his shot with her, but obviously that failed and now she avoids talking to him pretty much at all since I imagine he tried too hard. Trying making him use that to push himself at the gym but it didn't work, so here's to
season 5 showtime GIF by Shameless

Reactions: 1 users

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
That gif at the end of that story literally made me LOL.

• Friendly
Reactions: 1 users

MalibuDavyou5

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2020
Wyoming
Well I am very angry and disappointed. The block I purchased isn't going to get built. Seller didn't have all necessary parts for it IE; missing Caps for the Connecting Rods and was still missing a Journal (Rear). I am right back where I started. Going to be saving $$ for the Crate 350, I am not having a good experience getting an Engine on FaceBook Market, and I am not going to buy one from that market again. :mad:

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Regal seems to be back to normal.
Gonna retorque heads intake and headers this weekend.

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
I put front shocks on the 88mc and boxed the stock control arms

Attachments

• 779D6B43-0ADD-4915-84AD-3BBCBEABB24F.jpeg
    779D6B43-0ADD-4915-84AD-3BBCBEABB24F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 92
Reactions: 5 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Did a bunch of measuring which led to internal debating which led to reaching out & texting buddies to share ideas/thoughts for some feed-back on direction.

In the 11th hour I decided the OE stuff is coming out & I'll test fit the Heat-Only box for clearance. If it doesn't work (or I don't care for the look), I'll be making a template to fabricate my own closeout panel that will accommodate aftermarket A/C & clear the taller tubs.
I am working on installing a factory type AC into my Caballero. If you are willing to sell some parts, I still need mounting brackets for the PS pump AC compressor plate, and the intermediate bracket between the compressor and upper rear mount, and also the extra groove pulleys for the crankshaft and water pump. Also need the refrigerant hose from the condenser that goes up across the radiator core support to the airbox.

Reactions: 1 user

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Drove her to work, now repairing and refinishing more interior parts.

Has anyone had luck cutting a crank door panel to accommodate power window switches? (Power window car, manual panels on it from when I bought it.)

Don't know if I want to attempt to do that, or just relocate the window switches to the center console.
Not sure, but I think that the back side of the lower panels have markings for cutting the switch holes for the locks. I do not know if there are any markings in upper panels for window switches.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Dear joesregalproject

For the love of god

Use studs on the center lower header bolts

Love,

MrSony

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor