What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got some warm enough weather to prime my Hurst spoiler...has previous body filler in it but blocked it out and filled all the porosity in the fiberglass...will post some pics after primer. 20210513_181612.jpg

Attachments

• 20210513_181509.jpg
    20210513_181509.jpg
    780.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 20210513_181521.jpg
    20210513_181521.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 83
  • 20210513_181603.jpg
    20210513_181603.jpg
    661.4 KB · Views: 97
Pressure washed the new LS engine, replaced valve cover gaskets and valve cover bolt grommets. Installed ICT billet motor mount brackets. (Side note, swung down to the ICT Billet shop to pick up those plates and new grommets yesterday, scored a sweet 25% off because I work at a local dealer, unexpected surprise)

Ordered some more parts, need to order a new pan still. Planning to strap the LS to the TH350 that's currently in the car.

Also pulled the door panel off the driver door to attempt to find the fault of the intermittent issue with the door popper failing to work (I was hoping for a loose connection at the solenoid as the relay functions as designed)... Relocated the ground, tested several times and all was good, drove home and then it didn't work again.... Will rewire the whole thing when I remove the interior for replacement soon.

Getting very close to
200.gif
time, spent another couple hours messing with all the wiring in the head unit. Long story short, I checked the male connectors and they are fine then disconnected the amp fully to make sure that wasn't the problem. Then for really safe measure wired up the other amp and for some reason it still blew the radio fuse but not the one in the fuse box at first. Then go back to the other amp and wire it into the top head unit and it all plays fine. So for now I have the lower one in place and am running the audio from the top while I trouble shoot with Joying. While I was checking all the wire I tried to wire up the illumination wires which I know are fine, the problem was getting up to the brown or grey wire in such a confined space for my big *ss. Up there I had to use a tap which I hate doing but have a feeling it may not have fully tapped since I was only using the harbor freight crimp tool. Once I get the car out and have a little more space to maneuver I will try with a bigger pair of plyers. I also got the pesky usb connection rewired in the back of the console but is pointless until I get the big head unit working so I left it be for now.

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

Put the LSD rear end under the El Camino today with Energy Suspension polys and Bilstein shocks. So she's on all 4 the first time since over a year now and ready to move to the new shop to get the rest done.
185813134_4169998823051384_4381230877252144736_n.jpg

I drove the Regal to work Today but because they have our street under major construction I had to dust it off before I left, good thing that it only has the temporary $50 spray can paint job.

IMG_20210514_163200395.jpg
IMG_20210514_163222141.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor