What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruisedbanana79

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2021
Decided to join the body bushing club. Soaked all bolts for days with Kroil oil, got really excited when 13 came out relatively easy. But low and behold #7 on the driver side snapped near the head. Should have enough shank left to weld a bolt.

Cured my sadness by wrapping my shifter plate. 93B579C7-173B-4949-8D77-05FA00CDFC69.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
turned the rear rotors,cerakoted e-brake cable brackets.prepped/sprayed driveshaft from last weeks machining.

Reactions: 2 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Since I didn't have anything going on New Years Eve I ran the ol girl home since they said it was supposed to be decent weather with no rain. Of course it drizzled on the way home, biggest problem was the GTO was dead to the world and couldn't move it to have my normal setup of cars for the winter. After charging it yesterday she seems to OK, still concerned about the noise I heard last time I had it out but haven't got a chance to look at that yet. Will probably still focus on the Blazer first but hopefully will get to it before driving season comes
20211231_200736.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Had the fun of making wiring "exstentions". Having put a T5 in my 1981 ElCo ,I had to make new wiring for the reverse lights switch and made a wiring setup for the neutral safety switch. Trying to keep everything with the ablity of going back to an automatic if I decide to change back.

Reactions: 1 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
During a 20 degree day, I had my rear drivers door latch assembly freeze up on me and not let the door latch shut . Had to pull it into the garage and warm the car up with the salamander heater. I took the time to silicone spray all of the latches and handles, and vacuumed out the interior just because.

Other than that, it has been aggressively reliable and I have been putting a bunch of miles on it.

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor