What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Messed with the idiot light bulbs. They're very finicky. New bulbs and cleaning the contacts apparently wasn't enough.
Also washed all the snow and crap off of it. Now that we have a break in weather, we get to enjoy sloppy shitty muddy season until it freezes over again.

Reactions: 1 user

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Nothing so far but since I have not even made it to the breakfast table yet, never mind out to the shop, I think there might still be time to doing some minor putzin' around. a bit later.

Happy New Year.

Nick

Reactions: 1 user

JerRol79ElCam

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 13, 2018
more times than not it's not "really'' cost effective to have them coated but they don't make these ones anymore and i've got a killer exhaust that i don't want to cut up to mate a new set.jet hot coatings,the largest coater going is just over 3 hrs from you so shipping them might not to be too bad.some powder coat shops around here offer high temp coatings as well.might be worth an ask if there's anyone coating in your area.
I'll Check Jet-Hot. I have this set dimpled and fitted just right in this tight fit and really don't want to re-fit another set. Thank You!

Reactions: 1 users

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
Couldn’t stuff the exhaust under the car since it was raining, so I threw the floor shift column back together.
8C844ED4-6D9A-434A-B964-812BD9042931.jpeg

All new switches except for the wiper switch, the bearings had little to no wear as well so I just greased those. Threw on the flash-to-pass switch that pagrunt tossed my way, a little advice on these- try to find a ball bearing or something you can stuff inside the peg on the front of the switch, I had to adjust this one so far forward that it’s just barely got enough travel to reset after it’s actuated.

Reactions: 7 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Got the pass side torn apart, and 90% assembled. Ran into an issue with the caliper bracket having jacked up threads. Not sure why, but I gotta get another one. I'll have to do some adjusting, but I'm stoked to have the front end swapped over!
20221231_202825.jpg

Reactions: 8 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor