What did you do to your G-Body today 2024

After a day of spraying four (yes, 4) spot repairs, I fired it up since reinstalling the engine, and I couldn’t be happier:
View attachment 243170
850~ rpm and 55psi dead cold? Hell yeah I’ll take that! The thing pushed nearly 90 at 3k though, and that’s with the standard pressure spring 🥴
What weight oil?

Drove it to aldis.
It's weird, when cold I can manually shift it and get all 3 gears instantly and perfectly.
Once it gets good and hot it pretty much loses 2nd and 3rd but first is still there and strong. Reverse is fine as well. In a th350 understand low/Reverse share the same clutch pack yes?

I have a basic 200r4, and I think I'm just gonna buy a converter and a crossmember and use that. Upside is if it works, I get overdrive. Downside if it doesn't work, I waste $600. Big gamble nowadays with my full time job of 6 years is cutting hours and a baby on the way.

Loaded it up on the new trailer and had the wife drive.

PXL_20240728_224853922.MP.jpg

Previously she'd driven the plow truck with empty trailer and didn't like it, steering was too sloppy. So another day we tried blue truck and empty trailer. She was fine with that. Today we added the Monte and she was good with that too. So now it's time to get this setup weighed as is, then load it to the gills in anticipation of our impending move. All that really means for the Monte is a 5.3 and some other crap in the trunk, then back in the hangar it goes for another week and a half in case another big hail storm decides to roll through. 'Tis the season for that.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor