What did you do to your G-Body today 2024

Put on a new Harwood 4" cowl hood. I removed the circular coil spring and left the entire hinge there - lined up and works perfectly! I will be getting it painted to match, don't worry.

View attachment 245862

View attachment 245863
How’s the fitment on that? I’m looking to buy a fiberglass hood in the future and opinions on all the manufacturers are a seesaw to say the least.

Reactions: Rktpwrd
How’s the fitment on that? I’m looking to buy a fiberglass hood in the future and opinions on all the manufacturers are a seesaw to say the least.
It fits great! Using the stock hinges helped since those were already lined right up. I had to adjust the side-to-side fitment slightly, but that took literally 5 minutes total. I say go for it!

Installed new oil pressure switch so I can unwind my choke and start the car normally again.

Can you machine the nuts down to be shorter overall and get rid of that wibble or is this a case of all new nuts?

Nick
I think I'm actually just going to swap back to the old wheel studs, torquing them down a lot more got rid of the movement. But still a ton of noise, so pretty sure the lugs are bottoming out now that the spacer isn't there. Gonna see about that this week sometime

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor