What did you do to your G-Body today 2024

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Not really.

You need a cross over, this case with a lower RPM Engine I recommend an H-pipe.

Still need to lean it out, 12.8:1 or so.

Weather and type of dyno are major factors. Low power condition can be due to detonation with that high of timing. Dynamic compression probably isn't that high but still a big factor to know here.
36 degrees isn't a whole lot for a 9:1 engine with a big cam.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
36 degrees isn't a whole lot for a 9:1 engine with a big cam.
A quick test on a dyno can is to back it off 2 degrees and see if it made more, less or the same power.

Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Why I mentioned dynamic compression.
Also depends on what gas you were using.

Clearly there's an issue if you lost power.
dynamic compression with the cam i have is 7.19:1
Static is somewhere between 9.2-9.5:1. Used 91 octane "alcohol free" gas.
Only thing it could be, i suppose, is it really hated the extra 4 degrees of timing ive added since then.

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
On my BluePrint 383 they repeatedly say NOT to have more than 34 degrees total timing at 3500 rpm and initial timing 10 to 16 degrees max. The engine is 10:1 with a .544 intake and .555 exhaust roller cam on 91 octane.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Yup the LS stuff I've done they make really good power at 28°, don't really need more than that.
i'd wager to say they also have more efficient combustion chambers as well...

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Got my new tags in... along with plates?
It included a letter in which it states that once a given set of plates in Iowa reaches a decade (or nearest to it via registration date), they are automatically deactivated and they ship you new plates.
Annoying, because i do not like the new iowa plates, aside from the black and white ones. I had no choice in the matter, and the order form online mentioned nothing about plates.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor