What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Took advantage of a quiet day and some decent weather today.

Two of my aluminum 442 wheels for Project Olds Cool have already been blasted and cleaned up, the other two have been sitting on my bench for the last 6 months waiting to get done.

The blast cabinet at work was full of some fresh glass bead, so I used the opportunity to blast and paint the hood hinges for The Juggernaut and blast the crud off the 442 wheels.

The glass bead sure does a beautiful job on aluminum without being too aggressive.
:)

Before:

IMG_2238.JPG

IMG_2239.JPG

IMG_2241.JPG

IMG_2242.JPG

After:

IMG_2243.JPG

IMG_2244.JPG

IMG_2245.JPG

IMG_2247.JPG

The hinges after blasting and a fresh coat of paint... that just might be very close to my final color...
;)

IMG_2248.JPG

IMG_2249.JPG

With the blasting done and out of the way, I can move onto cleaning up the wheel edges and machined surfaces with a fine file to fix any nicks and curb rash. Then it'll be masking, painting and clearing them before the new tires go on in the spring.
:banana:

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 7 users

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
Welded in a different floor pan in my 79 Elky.
20170219_152106.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Laid down some paper to keep the wife off my butt about painting on the old picnic table (my paint booth lol)....told her it helps protect the wood and nobody uses it anyway! Finished my new calipers since i couldn't hit everything the way they were hanging yesterday.
20170219_183341.jpg
20170219_172239.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Went to the car show. Snapped a few pics of some G-body cars....

I put an old Harley in...

Talked one of the pinup girls to pose for a few pics.

Reactions: 2 users

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
With the weather so nice again today I hooked the hose up and started washing from the top of the driveway down. Monte then the Impala then the work van ( wash water was pretty dark come the end of it ).
I let the old car run whilst washing the other cars so I took it for a spin around the neighborhood when I was done and got "the bug". Family day today so we decided to head to Cambridge to check out the butterfly conservatory and grab lunch. So it ended up we took the monte ( appx 50 miles each way ). We got a few "thumbs up" and seen a couple other old cars on the road as well. Even though it was nice to drive it again the mental list of "to do's" was growing.

PS driver window is suddenly really slow, the screen on my radio wont light up, need to do some final adjustments on the choke. should try the rods from the old carb in this one and see what it reads on the Wide Band, should look at the bushings in the upper control arms, should maybe look into installing true duals and sell the cat-back, its been 7-8 years since I flushed the oil in the rear...................

Reactions: 1 user

Algershick

Greasemonkey
Nov 27, 2015
Tacoma, Washington
Dual exhaust arrived today. I had planned on running it to my exhaust manifolds and after laying it out on the floor in the garage, I caved and bought a set of Hedman headers. I'm weak. :D

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Compiled one of many parts lists I need to rebuild my 350 again, and some maintenance parts for a 350-2 that I'll most likely be picking up in a few weeks and plopping in my regal to get it mobile again.

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
Even though it was nice to drive it again the mental list of "to do's" was growing.

PS driver window is suddenly really slow, the screen on my radio wont light up, need to do some final adjustments on the choke. should try the rods from the old carb in this one and see what it reads on the Wide Band, should look at the bushings in the upper control arms, should maybe look into installing true duals and sell the cat-back, its been 7-8 years since I flushed the oil in the rear...................

And so it goes...........been trying not to do that because it starts to overwhelm me and then I wind up doing nothing :wtf:

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
And so it goes...........been trying not to do that because it starts to overwhelm me and then I wind up doing nothing :wtf:
You got to just start small and keep moving.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor