What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I also figured out my engine's shimmy problem. Damn driver's mount ripped apart. I wonder if there are stronger mounts I can get. To be fair, I did get 3.8 mounts. Just because they fit don't mean they'll work is the lesson I learned today. I've always heard people having trouble with 350 Buick mounts tearing on the driver's side, but I've never been able to find ones that aren't the stock black rubber replacement ones. I compared the 350 mounts to the 3.8 mounts, the 350 did seem heftier, but it was more expensive at the time. I'll go with the 350 mounts next go around.

All of the Buick 3.8L guys use HRParts and stuff driver side mounts. The engine mounts is one of the first things to break of an Turbo Regal -the Buick design is bad. Back in the early 1990's we all had 1000lb ratcheting cargo straps hooked from the frame to the motor to keep it from coming off the frame during spooling/launching.

Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
All of the Buick 3.8L guys use HRParts and stuff driver side mounts. The engine mounts is one of the first things to break of an Turbo Regal -the Buick design is bad. Back in the early 1990's we all had 1000lb ratcheting cargo straps hooked from the frame to the motor to keep it from coming off the frame during spooling/launching.
Thanks for the link man. I'll check these out.

Reactions: 1 user

jphillips

Greasemonkey
Mar 2, 2014
Church Hill, MD
I recently acquired another project car. A monte this time. Went to tyne local boneyard this morning and found an LS nose and bumper. Huge score.

6door74

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 18, 2016
Maryland
Decided to use the wires on the monte Carlo instead of the el camino....

Definitely needs to be lowered now. I don't know why it sits so high up front. The back isn't too bad. Should I buy front and rear springs or just get the front lowered?

Reactions: 5 users

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Got my transmission back in and buttoned up. Noticed I had pinched one of the starter wires when I had mounted it previously....so, on to fix that.

I did adopt another wayward big block Chevy as well.

Last edited:

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I mailed my 2+2 steering box off to be rebuilt. Fun fact, with the pitman arm off the steering box fits into a $13.60 Medium sized Flat rate USPS box. It weighs a ton, so I hate to think how many packages it crushed in the basket on the other side of the mail slot.

The rebuild place (PSC Motorsports) is only about 20 miles from my house as the crow flies, but roads/traffic are bad over there so it was just easier to mail it. It's "1 day" shipping distance anyway.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Slow at work this week, so I dabbed up some ls1 parking brake cable brackets.

Attachments

• 20170215_152258.jpg
    20170215_152258.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 175
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor