What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Took the wagon to fetch some groceries, parked next to a 2nd Gen Firebird. Came back to find this under my wiper...

Attachments

• tmp_3297-IMAG3333409976389.jpg
    tmp_3297-IMAG3333409976389.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 210
  • Winner
Reactions: 12 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
So far this weekend. Finished carpet and interior. Am getting ready to install new seatbelts and then put bucket seats in. Garbage run first on a muddy Georgia red clay road first. But welcomed much needed rain here. Next will be thinking about a center console around the Hurst shifter.
Ideas???

Reactions: 3 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
So far this weekend. Finished carpet and interior. Am getting ready to install new seatbelts and then put bucket seats in. Garbage run first on a muddy Georgia red clay road first. But welcomed much needed rain here. Next will be thinking about a center console around the Hurst shifter.
Ideas???
Here's a pic for ya....i found a monte console in a yard car several years back in darn near perfect shape. All i did was notch the shift plate enough to clear the hurst plate, drilled holes to mount the hurst plate, raised the rear of the shifter with 1" round stock to clear the armrest when in 1st gear. I've yet to paint it since I'm nowhere close to interior assembly, but you get the idea.
0504151825.jpg
20150505_152841.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
Just finished putting new front seat belts in.I replaced the old worn out grey ones with a brand new pair of black ones from Seat Belt Planet;

Guy

Reactions: 3 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Just finished putting new front seat belts in.I replaced the old worn out grey ones with a brand new pair of black ones from Seat Belt Planet;

Guy
How's the quality of them belts from seat belt planet? I have them on my "to get" list, so some real world opinion is great instead of web reviews.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
I'll let you know tomorrow.
Havent been out for a drive yet.
Guy

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Ideas???
Maybe a second gen camaro automatic console? Might not work with the shifter offset to the left.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Here's a pic for ya....i found a monte console in a yard car several years back in darn near perfect shape. All i did was notch the shift plate enough to clear the hurst plate, drilled holes to mount the hurst plate, raised the rear of the shifter with 1" round stock to clear the armrest when in 1st gear. I've yet to paint it since I'm nowhere close to interior assembly, but you get the idea. View attachment 66572 View attachment 66573
I think he just recently swapped to a Muncie 4 speed but I may be mixed up.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Seats in, powder coated black door thresh holds in. 6 more degrees of timing since trans change. tetrafluoroethane infusion for drivability enhancement. Carb adjust. Put floor mats in and done for day.
Have plan for shifter boot. Jury still out on console
Cold beer in hand. Nice salad with leftover killer sirloin steak. Cajun crab dip with chips.
All good in SW Georgia

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor