What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a pic for ya....i found a monte console in a yard car several years back in darn near perfect shape. All i did was notch the shift plate enough to clear the hurst plate, drilled holes to mount the hurst plate, raised the rear of the shifter with 1" round stock to clear the armrest when in 1st gear. I've yet to paint it since I'm nowhere close to interior assembly, but you get the idea.View attachment 66572 View attachment 66573

console looks great but the seats look out of place with the console. I'll give you my address so you can let me know what it'll cost for the shipping to take those seats off your hands. .....🙂

Reactions: Texas82GP
I tried a few different power piston springs out in my quadrajet and found the lightest one worked the best. Started changing the XM set up from my jeep into my my GP but the GP came up with some kind of short behind the radio so I'll have to see what the problem is. I still have to figure out the door panels for the speaker covering...🙂

console looks great but the seats look out of place with the console. I'll give you my address so you can let me know what it'll cost for the shipping to take those seats off your hands. .....🙂
I bet lol 😀!! I gotta say, for some ebay vinyl seats....they've held up really well and are comfortable too, not to dig the dagger but they recline almost flat as well. I've taken a couple naps in 'em that's for sure!

I think I would try to have your rear hood molding restored. Nothing fits like the real thing. There is someone out there that can fix it.

Thanks, would have already done that long ago but it is both smashed and kinked badly where they smacked it and is such thin metal . . . I should have gotten one 30 years ago even if I had to pay for it myself but since they did it I was not about to turn around and give them money for their screw up. I have just lived with it all these years but stumbled across the replacement part by accident on gbodyparts so grabbed one.

Anyway, was just surprised this new piece showed up flat black.

Finally got my coil springs out. Still a lot of work to do
X5h2h3C.jpg

MibRILO.jpg

Thanks, would have already done that long ago but it is both smashed and kinked badly where they smacked it and is such thin metal . . . I should have gotten one 30 years ago even if I had to pay for it myself but since they did it I was not about to turn around and give them money for their screw up. I have just lived with it all these years but stumbled across the replacement part by accident on gbodyparts so grabbed one.

Anyway, was just surprised this new piece showed up flat black.
Maybe you could get it stripped and chromed? I would test fit it first. I don't think you will be satisfied with chrome paint. My brother recently painted my niece's hover board with the stuff. Cool looking, but doesn't look just like chrome.

Just finished putting new front seat belts in.I replaced the old worn out grey ones with a brand new pair of black ones from Seat Belt Planet;

Guy

Guy, are those procar elite seats?

This morning I did the first oil change for my new engine. The tall filter barely fits around the header for removal and installation. Note to self: never try changing the oil filter unless the headers are completely cold.

Reactions: Texas82GP
Guy, are those procar elite seats?

Yes they are and I am very pleased with them so far.
They are nice and comfortable and offer lots of support.
They were a huge improvement over the stock ones.
Guy

Reactions: gbodytoys
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor