What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Had to halfway pull the motor/trans back out to replace a leaking freeze plug in the head. Got that done in 3 hours before it got cold. Still runs. Was freakin 68 today, now it's 29. Iowa weather; weird. Swapped the break in oil for new 10w30 and filter as well. Freakin plastic coupler on seat transmission is broken so the seat is almost all the way back and tilted up/back. Gotta fix that soon.

Attachments

• plug1.jpg
    plug1.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 146
  • plug2.jpg
    plug2.jpg
    345.9 KB · Views: 135
  • plug3.jpg
    plug3.jpg
    356.8 KB · Views: 143
Reactions: 1 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
mr sony,
recentlt had the seat out of the GP, and found that it has the newer 3 motor setup that eliminates that dreaded coupler/snapped trans housing... if you go junkyarding, look for an 87 car, or an f-body from around that year.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
mr sony,
recentlt had the seat out of the GP, and found that it has the newer 3 motor setup that eliminates that dreaded coupler/snapped trans housing... if you go junkyarding, look for an 87 car, or an f-body from around that year.
Will do. I also recall gbodyparts having the coupler, or an improved version of it. I say I'd have better luck replacing the coupler. Their anit sh*t for junkyards in Iowa anymore. Any that exist are run by old codgers that seemingly are annoyed by people showing up tot heir place of business. Haven't seen a g body in any yard in a long, long time. I saw half an 80s cutlass once. Anyways, thanks for the tip. If I do come across one in my travels, I'll nab it. Plug and play?

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
mr sony,

Evilregal, please comment in a little more detail on the coupler/snapped trans housing issue. I'm new to G-Bodies and had the trans snap last month. I put my guts back in another case but have been babying in since. I run a 350 SBC and a Turbo 400 in a 83 Regal Estate Wagon with what appear to be stock motor mounts and and G-Force crossmember. The trans mount is stock rubber as well. Thanks!

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Evilregal, please comment in a little more detail on the coupler/snapped trans housing issue. I'm new to G-Bodies and had the trans snap last month. I put my guts back in another case but have been babying in since. I run a 350 SBC and a Turbo 400 in a 83 Regal Estate Wagon with what appear to be stock motor mounts and and G-Force crossmember. The trans mount is stock rubber as well. Thanks!
We're talkin about the seats man. Power seat controls. lol

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Also, if you ripped a TH400 in half, you got some 'splainin to do. Maybe make a thread about it if you haven't already. Sounds like a serious thing.

Slowpoke

G-Body Guru
Dec 23, 2016
More goodies showed up..

Attachments

• 20171205_185427.jpg
    20171205_185427.jpg
    801.4 KB · Views: 140
  • Winner
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor