What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Getting ready to wrap my CTS-V. Should be fun and interesting.

CTS-V.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Parked them for my week long trip

Blown and injected 426 Hemi 4 gear
306 / aode fastback
392 T/A challenger in tor red
73 v8 gremlin white with blue
73 v8 401 auto gremlin trans am red

That a 66/67 Charger i see on the lift?

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
20180507_132301.jpg
After (regrettably) letting it sit outside all winter, I finally gave the Smell Camino a bath. It was beyond filthy.

Reactions: 7 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I changed 1 muffler and started to make a right tailpipe....then I gave up and bought a set of them

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I diagnosed the Cruise Control on my "89 Turbo Trans am. After testing all the switches, I saw the previous owners K&N filter install had the MAF laying on the servo bellows. When I lifted up the MAF I saw the tear. Pinched the hole closed with my fingers, servo started working. Ordered a new Servo from Amazon Prime, should have the Cruise completely working by Wednesday night.

Then I made a new MAF bracket out of a 2013 Mustang shifter bracket I had laying in a junkbox to hold the MAF up above the Servo. It is totally ghettotastic, now. Of course my son shot down the idea of putting the stock airbox that is in the trunk back on when I told him its a restriction at mid 13's.

Reactions: 1 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Some of you know I have been banging my head on a wall fixing my Daughter's Jeep Cherokee. Well, it is now officially mine and I am sorry already. The trailer hitch bolts topic is about this Jeep. The latest headache was the left rear window dead to the world. Wiring tests showed power all the way to the motor. Factory manual says if motor is bad- whole assembly with window regulator must be replaced. I look it up and only the front door assemblies are available but motors for the rears are too. Huh?!? But the book said... So I get the whole mess loose from the door and I see the motor is easy to get off the regulator and I unbolt it. But before I order a motor for $50 I wonder why the motor died when it looks clean. So being the cheap inquisitive type I open the motor. The brushes and commutator are all black and gooey. That acts as an insulator so I clean them off and I polish the commutator with fine sand paper. The brushes are worn but still good. I put it all back together and apply power and the motor spins like new. I bolt the motor back on the regulator and cram it all back in the door and reassemble the door stuff. Window now goes up and down perfectly. Cost: $0

• Winner
Reactions: 11 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Washed up the TW200, oil change, new grips, and upgraded to larger foot pegs. Should be ready for another summer.
I've been hunting for a deal on another as a spare to loan to out of towners who might want to ride in the hills when they visit. Had set a time to look at one last night and the guy texted that it was sold right before I left. Oh well, on the next one.

Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Washed up the TW200, oil change, new grips, and upgraded to larger foot pegs. Should be ready for another summer.
I've been hunting for a deal on another as a spare to loan to out of towners who might want to ride in the hills when they visit. Had set a time to look at one last night and the guy texted that it was sold right before I left. Oh well, on the next one.
Oh good something for Lauren to ride at the bbq

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
3 chamber Flowmasters and one tailpipe Oh What A Difference can't wait to get to the other tailpipe Friday

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor