What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
FFS! Must be the full moon. Took the kid out in the hot rod- got some pizza, hit the cruise in at Home Depot, went to the ice cream stand, stopped by my uncle's place, then I noticed that the temp gauge is pegged. I see the belt is loose, call my uncle for tools, then find the damned broken pulley. Of course, AAA sends me an Indian (yeah, right, I smell Taliban) tow truck driver that barely speaks English. View attachment 94640 View attachment 94641 View attachment 94642

Ooohhh... Good Luck with getting that back together,

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Ooohhh... Good Luck with getting that back together,
It's "just" a broken water pump pulley.....
I was looking at yesterday, and it looks like the threads pulled on one of the bolts. I may just order a pump too.

Reactions: 1 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
That '80 Trans Am I saved from a watery death (doing the unstuck) had a nasty oil leak at the filter housing. The morons who swapped in the 400 must have banged the idiot light sending unit against something and cracked it. So I got it off and put a 1/8" npt nipple and an elbow there so I could use the correct sending unit for gauges. But the n-mbn-ts put headers on this motor and of course there is no room to work. It took me all day to screw in that fitting with an expandable pliers which I dropped about a hundred times. 95 degrees in the shade didn't help either. But now the oil leak is fixed and I was able to spend some quality time adjusting the timing and carburetor. I think the timing chain is severely stretched as the vacuum is around 15"-17" at idle no matter what I do. Still some lifter tapping but getting a little better each time it runs.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: 2 users

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I am going to look at my heap of a Fjord Bucket truck today. Been in the shop for a week now trying first to get the plug out and now they are going to pull the head. The "current" theory is that it spit a plug in a past life and got helicoiled wrong so the plug and helicoil are stuck in the cyl but for the life of me and 3x techs now we cannot get it to thread back out.

Reactions: 2 users

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
Someone asked for pictures of this, but I can't remember which thread it was in, so I'm sticking it here. 1963 Olds Dynamic 88, 394, stupid low- documented miles. I had a build thread on ROP years ago, but that's gone. I drove it around for a few years before I had the motor built in the 67. It is storing its engine and rear for a gasser project that will probably never happen.
View attachment 94619 View attachment 94620 View attachment 94621 View attachment 94624 View attachment 94625
It was I who asked, thanks for the pictures. Mine was blue on blue had the same hubcaps, but had the green 280 hp motor. It got me kicked out of my highschool parking lot for doing burnouts.

Reactions: 1 user

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Today on the ongoing saga of "all things Fjord !" my tech appears to have figured out the problem. Those with a sharp eye ( AKA Stevie Wonder ) may notice as well. So yeah looks like that spark plug thread was helicoiled and it got sucked into the cyl, smashed and thus would not thread back out. The electrode was missing from the bottom of the plug and the helicoil needed to be torched off to pull it back out. Hope to get word back from the machine shop this morning to see if they can save the head or not. Piston has a little nick in it that I am pretending not to be concerned with.

Attachments

• 20180830_122525.jpg
    20180830_122525.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 131

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Bought a police trunk pack for my CVPI. Basically it is a bed liner tray for the trunk. Plus it has kevlar armor to protect the gas tank in rear end impacts.

Reactions: 1 user

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
The machine shop said "technically" they could fix the old one but it would be cheaper to find another used one for them to check over. So here I search. I found a pair that I am going to look at tomorrow :)

Last edited:

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
I had to do front and rear wheel bearings before my annual trip up to Pennsylvania, got a new tool, bearing remover/installer and it went smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor