What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FastCraig

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2017
Huntington, WV
Drove my wife's Xterra the other day and noticed a droning, grinding noise coming from the front end. I asked the wife how long it had been making that noise? Her: What noise? I got the front wheels in the air and found the passenger side bearings were shot. Called Advance to order the wheel hub and they had a 170 and a 250 dollar hub. The tech recommended the 250 hub. I told him I would get back with him. Google search and I had one ordered for $59 with free shipping. I made an "appointment" with the wife to block out about 4 hours to work on her vehicle. I had the old one off in quickly. The only problem I ran into was I could not get the ABS connector apart. I disconnected it from the old hub and reused the old one. The race the hub fit in was pretty rusted so I cleaned it up and put some bearing grease on it to facilitate reinstalling the new hub. It went back together easily. I was ready to put the wheel back on and sat back to look it over and that's when I saw the dust shield laying on the ground. It took me 2 seconds to decide the shield was not needed. I was not taking the brakes and hub back off for the piece of sheet metal. I put the wheel on and went on a test drive. No grinding noise and no ABS light. When I got home the wife was ready to go. didn't even shut the vehicle off. She asked if it was fixed, Me: Yes. She hopped in and took off.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Got word that the Hellcat is due to ship from the factory for 29 Aug (est). Whoo hoo!

• Winner
Reactions: 12 users

wonderboy24

Royal Smart Person
Jul 10, 2012
Davenport, Iowa
me and my boys finally got this thing done. big change for sure.
68866979_10213822071735603_5391691790648606720_n.jpg
68879384_10213822072015610_6909090877193322496_n.jpg
need to install the chain tomorrow then test drive.i think we did a killer job. fenders were a pain to wrap but got them done.

Reactions: 9 users

old80cs

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Cut up and removed the old (installed in 1975) heating oil tank in my basement and got the new tank in place. Hired an HVAC friend of mine to pull the permits and hook it all up. Also had the 08' Trailblazer up in the air for a grease job since everything under it has been replaced and has zerks. Need to head to the scrap yard this morning to get rid of the old tank and hit the lumber yard for materials to rebuild the basement stairs I destroyed (needed to be replaced anyway) to get the tank down there. The fun never ends owning a house.

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 9 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor