What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I need to get an oxygen sensor for the Toyota and I was just gonna order it from RockAuto. I pulled the old one yesterday and found out the OE is actually an NTK, not Denso.

I got a code from Advance Auto for 25% off if I ordered online and picked up in store, and I see they have an NTK on stock. After tax and shipping, the price is about the same at either place, so I used the 25% to get it from Advance. I wait a half hour to pick up the part (website says part will be ready in 1/2 hour), get to the store at 7:55 pm. Store doors are locked, lights are on, I can see employees are inside. I knock on the door, guy yells through the door "We're closed!" This store used to close at 9:00.

I look at the sign on the door, it says hours are 8am-9pm. Wtf? I said "sign says 9:00".

Guy yells back "It's wrong, we close at 8 now!"

Again, wtf? I said "It's only 7:55!"

He yells back, "Too bad come back tomorrow!"

I literally just have to pick up this part. It's already paid for and should be pulled off the shelf and have my name on it. Now I have to make another trip tomorrow to go get this damn thing. I usually don't get pissed over stuff like this but I guess I'm kinda short fused today. I hope this ******* enjoyed his five ****ing minutes. Lazy piece of **** mother****er.
Lets see, it's that time of year they have extended hours cause the weather is getting nicer & they close earlier? Thats a crock. Being in the city area it's insane to close that early. Lazy pr*cks.

Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
Lets see, it's that time of year they have extended hours cause the weather is getting nicer & they close earlier? Thats a crock. Being in the city area it's insane to close that early. Lazy pr*cks.

It's the same ******* at this store everytime. The store on Perry Highway in McCandless. I usually go to the one on Butler Street in Etna because they are a hub store and always have everything in stock.

Last year I bought a blower motor for my truck at this store and it was the wrong one and didn't fit so I returned it and this same ******* accused me trying to return the old part as new merchandise. The guy is just a dick.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Thats a busy area to just close at 8 PM & lose the company money. Might be better to go to the Rocks or Bellevue instead. Even McNightmare Rd during rush hour.

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I got the headset and bottom bracket bearings all cleaned up and lubed with new grease.
20190422_181341.jpg
Then. My neighbor roped me into helping him put a window motor in his boss's wife's Solara. The cheap fvckers only bought the motor, not the whole regulator, and it was apart when I got on the scene. He already had too many beers and didn't pay enough attention when he took it apart. We tried unsuccessfully to get the GD cables wound back on right, got close a couple times, but it far exceeded my patience level. My advice: don't ever do that! I've put 4 or 5 regulator assemblies in my Silverado; they take about a half hour. F some motor only shizz!!!!

Reactions: 3 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
That's a mistake smart (and sober) guys only make once. Cable regulators are too finicky not to be replaced if you go in there for a motor replacement.

And the bike needs more bass boat flake.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Worked on my truck compressor last night and used it to put air in Lauren's tires then I filled her fuel bowl hooked up a booster and hit the key .....kicked right over! The Oldsmobile God's were smiling and so was Lauren

• Winner
Reactions: 10 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Worked on my truck compressor last night and used it to put air in Lauren's tires then I filled her fuel bowl hooked up a booster and hit the key .....kicked right over! The Oldsmobile God's were smiling and so was Lauren
It's cause any God likes kids more than adults. :mrgreen: Now if it was yours you'd still be fighting with it this morning.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Fiance's mom has a 4.2 Rainier she bought a little over a year ago from my cousin who bought it salvage and replaced the entire interior.

Had issues starting and she had brought it in for an oil change (walmart) a few weeks before and asked to check the battery cables because last time it didnt start the cables were just loose. They said they checked the battery and it was fine, and checked the cables and they were fine, so I assumed it was the alternator.

Went there for easter, put the charger on all night and woke up the next morning, dome light and door chime turned on, turned the key and instant dead. Checked the battery and it had 12.5 volts so low but not crazy low. Ordered an alternator off rock auto assuming it was bad.

Checked the cables AND they were loose. Hrmph. Can't expect anyone, especially wal-mart lube jockeys to check a battery cable is tight.

At least I saved an hour this weekend changing an alternator.

ALSO,

Dad has been driving my l67 firebird back home for the last 2 years, the rear brake lines rusted out finally (185k mile 98 fbird thats been in MN all its life). He replaced the lines but couldn't get it to bleed with the annoying ABS module. We fussed around for an hour or two to bleed them (ended up using the hand pump vacu bleader) and finally got it back up and going again. The Fturd lives again!

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor