What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drove 542 miles round trip to a 300 person "village" in nebraska through a blizzard in a dumbass uhaul 15' van and a trailer (they wouldn't let me pull the car with their pickups, and frankly were a bit rude when I asked), got blown off the highway to join the other cars, demolished a ford focus, got a new uhaul, and picked up a 1971 Thunderbird. Floors and interior are mint. Rear 1/4s, not so much. Trunk is ok. tank has a hole in it and steering shaft is exploded so the wheel does nothing.

Left Friday morning, got back 11pm saturday.

how was yalls weekend?
View attachment 166685
View attachment 166679View attachment 166680View attachment 166681View attachment 166682View attachment 166683

I've never rented from U-haul but if I ever do I'm gonna lie my @$$ off about what I'm pulling after sanity checking said lie on their website. They nail you for wrecking the truck? Or did you pony up for that insurance? Since nobody was hurt, I do have to laugh at a simple pickup turning into that hot mess. How was it loading the car?

Reactions: fleming442
Good to know, you're the first I've run into with a fetal growth restricted kiddo. It is #3 so I'll keep an open mind. Her left ear passed but her right ear didn't. They're gonna redo that at the 24 hour mark which isn't far off.

Pay very close attention to the next 6 to 24 months because even if the other ear passes today, it may degrade over time - it snuck up on us. Trust your gut and compare what you know about #1 and #2. Challenge the doctors - most have very limited experience with infant hearing loss.

Last edited:
Pay very close attention to the next 6 to 24 months because even if the other ear passes today, it may degrade over time - it snuck up on us. Trust your gut and compare what you know about #1 and #2. Challenge the doctors - most have very limited experience with infant hear loss.

This is all excellent info, it always feels like the docs are afraid to give bad news.

Reactions: motorheadmike
TIGed up the 3" stainless mandrel bends into an exhaust for the '57. I've added 3" Jones glasspacks since the pic was taken.
exhaust1.jpg
exhaust2.jpg
It's getting very close to tire smoke...............

I've never rented from U-haul but if I ever do I'm gonna lie my @$$ off about what I'm pulling after sanity checking said lie on their website. They nail you for wrecking the truck? Or did you pony up for that insurance? Since nobody was hurt, I do have to laugh at a simple pickup turning into that hot mess. How was it loading the car?
tbird owner's neighbor was a stock car guy and ig they were good friends. hell in a town of 326 people i guess you gotta make friends. he pulled it on the trailer with his truck while i turned the tires by hand to guide the car since the rag joint rotted away. safe to say that 4500lb big b*tch of a car is the max size for that trailer. i get why they dont have winches, but its still very dumb they dont. why tf you think i need a trailer? if the car ran i wouldnt need to trailer it.

I got the insurance for the truck and trailer. And since it was a weather related event (some companies I think still refer to it as an "act of god", or something akin to that) I should be fine.

at least the crash happened without the car. way back was fine the next day.

Last edited:
I am the 3rd owner of the car. the owner (the wife of the guy i bought it from) said her dad bought it new in '71 and she got it in 77ish after HS.

"demolished a Ford Focus" was part of your run-on sentence. Hopefully everyone was OK in your attempt to recover a scrap value car ?? Dunno if its because I am getting older but sh*t like this is well... sh*t !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor