What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Damn, I'm glad I live in the South!

I got off easy, didn't even need to break out the gas axe. Of course I still have the other side to do. . .

Looks like the tool broke on the Lathe and the kept processing it. Ship it.

Definitely a new one for me.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
The wife (big wrinkly brain) and I (small smooth brain) are playing around with the stock market today. Dumped a bunch of COVID-related bio and tech stocks which weren't maturing (keeping our investments in vaccines and funeral homes/mortuary services - morbid I know). Got in on BlackBerry yesterday, and finally got cleared to jump on the GME-hype train today (delays due to currency exchange). I have been a long-time lurker on WSB and this has been a very interesting development over the last few weeks. I finally got her to act on my irrationality... it's like the times when she agreed to date, marry, and procreate with me. All of which went against her better judgement.

To the moon!

Now she is watching our modest holdings climb in amazement wondering why she didn't take these risks sooner... and I thought she needed to see these clips:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

superSSlow

Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 17, 2013
Piscataway, NJ
that moon money is mine!

• Haha

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
They're still in business?

And getting into bed with some big players... seems their future is going to be in Artificial Intelligence.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I learned when I am 16 I am never day trading (gambling). 401K and mutual funds only for me. There are too many people who find day trading either a hobby or a job, and it's not something I find that much interest. Lots of people spending a lot of time and money doing research, I'm not going to be the least informed in the room.

In my HS economics class for fun/extra credit we spent half the period once a week trading stocks. We were given $100,000 of imaginary money to invest how we want. Whoever had the most money at the end of the semester got some level of extra credit.

I was smart and though I should diversify, some in manufacturing, some ag, some products. I lost money continuously.

The people who barely graduated blindly invested in big name obvious stuff, Google, Coca Cola, Green Mountain Coffee, and made tons of money.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I learned when I am 16 I am never day trading (gambling). 401K and mutual funds only for me. There are too many people who find day trading either a hobby or a job, and it's not something I find that much interest. Lots of people spending a lot of time and money doing research, I'm not going to be the least informed in the room.

In my HS economics class for fun/extra credit we spent half the period once a week trading stocks. We were given $100,000 of imaginary money to invest how we want. Whoever had the most money at the end of the semester got some level of extra credit.

I was smart and though I should diversify, some in manufacturing, some ag, some products. I lost money continuously.

The people who barely graduated blindly invested in big name obvious stuff, Google, Coca Cola, Green Mountain Coffee, and made tons of money.

Yeah, we only starting doing this because of the henious amount of information that Natasha was taking in on a daily basis for COVID. It seemed like a minute-to-minute uptake at times. I recommended she put that information and her background in economics (university) and finance (military) to good use and find something that has a positive output and pays dividends on a personal level (at the very least). She took it and ran with the idea - looking at what tech or medicine was emerging and moved her money with the flow of data as it related to the virus (and a few other interests). She saw a 23% return in just 10 months on a minor amount of money (essentially our unused entertainment dollars from the household budget). I've suggested she invest a small amount every month to build on her success. This is money we would have otherwise squandered on disposable income anyway. She will probably pull out when she has enough banked to build her mega-garden this Spring... and watch that grow too.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Yeah, we only starting doing this because of the henious amount of information that Natasha was taking in on a daily basis for COVID. It seemed like a minute-to-minute uptake at times. I recommended she put that information and her background in economics (university) and finance (military) to good use and find something that has a positive output and pays dividends on a personal level (at the very least). She took it and ran with the idea - looking at what tech or medicine was emerging and moved her money with the flow of data as it related to the virus (and a few other interests). She saw a 23% return in just 10 months on a minor amount of money (essentially our unused entertainment dollars from the household budget). I've suggested she invest a small amount every month to build on her success. This is money we would have otherwise squandered on disposable income anyway. She will probably pull out when she has enough banked to build her mega-garden this Spring... and watch that grow too.
weed GIF by Cosmic Evil

She gonna put it into the other big growth garden?

• Haha

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Opened up that autolite 4300.
Found this and a spider.
20210130_015317.jpg

Then closed it

That's all dirt. Cakey almost gravel-like dirt. Smelled like PB blaster.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor