What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Ahhh, the joys of home ownership. Well pump went t*ts up this morning. Plumber friend let me borrow the account number at the Gould dealer, and that was awesome. Rented a wheel to make life easier.
20210514_135608.jpg 20210514_142917.jpg 20210514_144608.jpg 20210514_163039.jpg

• Sad
  • Scared
Reactions: 5 users

old80cs

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Sprayed the last half dozen coats of satin poly on the table top this evening and left it out in the sun to dry. Assembled it and brought it inside to it's new home in the living room. It's a 3.5" thick Douglas Fir top and 1"x4” Maple drawer and box. The legs are Pine but match pretty well, bought them from a place in SC. Just need to pick out a drawer pull this weekend and call it done.

I used a Kreg Joiner kit to put it all together and have to say it's worth the money and made the job easy.

IMG_1764.jpeg IMG_1767.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
Mounted the Transducer for my new Garmin Striker 7SV. Cant wait to get it out and start mapping some lakes and catching some fish tacos.
The fish finder the the SS Poverty now costs twice what I paid for the boat.
. 20210514_200156.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Mounted the Transducer for my new Garmin Striker 7SV. Cant wait to get it out and start mapping some lakes and catching some fish tacos.
The fish finder the the SS Poverty now costs twice what I paid for the boat.
. View attachment 175437

Now you gotta figure out how to catch the beer to go with those fish tacos.

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Though I haven't been posting here much I have been busy with other stuff, just haven't documented it well. Here's a copy paste from my dually thread on GMT400.com.

All 4 of my Husky splash guards have been on for over a year and 19k miles attached like that...they are still solid.

That's encouraging to hear, mine have less than 100 miles on them.

Today was supposed to be UCA bushing day, but I ran into troubles on the lift. I would have had to unload the torsion bars and did not have the tools for that. Whenever I tried setting the LCA on a stationary object to get the UCA off of the downstop, it pointed the *ss end of the truck down in a way that made me a bit uncomfortable. This thing fits on the lift like 10 pounds of sh*t in a 5 pound bag as it is with the majority of the *ss of the truck behind the lift so I bailed on that. Going to have to suffer in my driveway with this job, but it's not near as bad to do off the lift as an exhaust gasket or trans range switch. Here's the only pic I shot to try and capture the stance, though it really hasn't changed. Shameless plug of my friend's F-Teen Thousand and camper that puts mine to shame.

PXL_20210514_211109124.jpg

I went after the easy thing first. It ended up being extra easy cuz the transmission and everything down there was nice and warm, the plugs came right out. I'll likely ohm out the old one as it's MUCH cleaner and consider slapping it back in after getting it 100% clean. It looks like a bent pin may have been why my backup lights weren't working seeing how the pin that's bent controls just that.

PXL_20210514_213835210.jpg

Sorry, crappy pic. It's the pin in the middle of the big plug on top, looks different than the bottom. Next I went for the exhaust gasket that didn't exist. Slamming the thing full of exhaust cement does an alright job for a while. Stuff is pretty tough and took a good bit to clean up. I didn't get it 100%, but ran my finger over it and it felt good enough. I think what's left is filling in pits for the most part.

PXL_20210514_224159519.jpg

PXL_20210514_234927379.jpg

I nabbed a Remflex gasket.

PXL_20210514_234842222.jpg

It claims to deal with warped flanges well. It didn't crush as much as I thought it would, but it was quiet in the cab.

I finally put together why I had so much trouble getting the cat flange lined up on the lift the last time and zero issues on the ground.

PXL_20210515_001325043.jpg

This is with the pressure released.

PXL_20210515_001314950.jpg

The leaf pack drops onto the tailpipe and prevents you from being able to maneuver the thing. I ended up lowering the truck farther onto the 2x4 to be able to pitch the exhaust to mate it back up. I also had to loosen the manifold bolts to maneuver the downpipes. I then forgot to retorque them and the truck sounded like *ss. I figured the new gasket was a fail so set sail for home. The first time I cracked into the gas though it sounded like the flipper dually and I instantly realized my mistake so headed back and torqued the 6 nuts. Nice and quiet again. I'll check it more closely tomorrow when I set up for the UCA bushings in the driveway. For something I suspect I'll fight and potentially fail, I prefer to have the option of getting pissed and letting it sit overnight without inconveniencing my transportation alternatives (Corvette on bald tires) or requiring a ride home.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor