What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2023]

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
So you're going all in then and not just removing the front cover. A word to the wise: trying to set endplay/preload didn't go well for me doing it by the book. Much better to add shims .002" at a time until you find where preload actually happens. Doing it by the book had me way too loose which left me with excessive input shaft slop which kept wiping out pilot bearings/bushings.
No planning on as little as possible but not many places had the partial kit, decided to just buy that one cause once I started shipping from other places it got to be more anyways

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Gonna start into the T56 tonight and see what we come up with, my buddy said he hasn't found any videos on do it just to see how it goes. Anyone come across any before? I know I've seen some photos from Supercharged111 and Built6spdMCSS doing their stuff

Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
There are tons, your buddy hasn't tried hard enough. Seriously they are everywhere. Search T56 disassembly, the videos tend to be broken down into parts or else they'd be 2 hours long. Here's the video I used to set up endplay/preload my last time around. You'll find numerous bad examples of how to measure with a dual indicator, I wouldn't recommend it. Especially when you see dudes with the trans laying down horizontally measuring, they definitely f'd it up.

Reactions: 1 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
There are tons, your buddy hasn't tried hard enough. Seriously they are everywhere. Search T56 disassembly, the videos tend to be broken down into parts or else they'd be 2 hours long. Here's the video I used to set up endplay/preload my last time around. You'll find numerous bad examples of how to measure with a dual indicator, I wouldn't recommend it. Especially when you see dudes with the trans laying down horizontally measuring, they definitely f'd it up.

Bill Murray Thank You GIF by filmeditor

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Gonna start into the T56 tonight and see what we come up with, my buddy said he hasn't found any videos on do it just to see how it goes. Anyone come across any before? I know I've seen some photos from Supercharged111 and Built6spdMCSS doing their stuff
I stood it on its end for tear down. I didn't think it was that bad to work on. Too bad the one I was working on was thrashed. Post 64 for pics.....
Post in thread 'Sean's 78 Camaro Z28' https://gbodyforum.com/threads/seans-78-camaro-z28.63930/post-562767

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Fired up the Ole 46 tractor for the first time this year to haul some logs from a fallen tree away, then I mowed with it.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor