What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2023]

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Had fun working on a ex-folding turned tilt trailer that was given to me. Today was some rust repair ( I’m no pro at welding, but they will hold!),paint. Some new plywood and the stakes replaced tomorrow. Already did tires and wheels, wiring and new lights. Into it about $300 not including time. Hope to sell it soon for a small profit for the ElCo build. Have another one I might pick up and flip as well.
Also working on the Hotdog compressor for my brother. Dropped it out of his backhoe bucket upside down. It sat for about a year had it running just before the pull cord broke trying to restart it. 🙄😣
IMG_5533.jpeg
72565897127__A55949A2-C386-43FA-A852-8EC3A3ED53CB.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Lisle is an underrated company. They make some nice tools for fair prices and most or maybe even all of them are US made.
i got their qjet idle mixture tool dongle thing, long bendy screwdriver with extra bits if i recall. comes in handy when needed.
If i remember also, the packages say if you have a good idea for a tool, send it to them and if it's viable they'll make it. Pretty neat.

Reactions: 1 users

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
I like the work on the trailer. I could post pics of the one I just got, but you would have to drink heavily to forget the trauma. It does inspire PTSD.

Today got the door decals on the Taurus, light bar is still in process.

Attachments

• 20231230_152639(1).jpg
    20231230_152639(1).jpg
    720.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 20231230_152718(1).jpg
    20231230_152718(1).jpg
    828.6 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: 2 users

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
This is how it started out. Idea for the Harley. Got it for 100 bid just before Thanksgiving. I was wondering the wood platform??? WTF?

They used a wall cut out of an old RV. 2x2 framing, 1/4 " OSB then what you see on top.

The hidden gem is near the middle are two cubby doors over a false floor dead space just perfect for smuggling bags of..., or guns, or...

Perfect, throw the bags of coke or what ever in the hidden spaces toss the tree trimmings, landscape trash on top and no one suspects what you are really hauling, clever...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231116-192103.png
    Screenshot_20231116-192103.png
    931.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Winner
Reactions: 1 user

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
This is how it started out. Idea for the Harley. Got it for 100 bid just before Thanksgiving. I was wondering the wood platform??? WTF?

They used a wall cut out of an old RV. 2x2 framing, 1/4 " OSB then what you see on top.

The hidden gem is near the middle are two cubby doors over a false floor dead space just perfect for smuggling bags of..., or guns, or...

Perfect, throw the bags of coke or what ever in the hidden spaces toss the tree trimmings, landscape trash on top and no one suspects what you are really hauling, clever...
They never said they had to be smart…Really nice looking frame though!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
A couple months ago I posted that trailer with the windows and such for myself.

Today was wife's birthday so, in addition to the normal dinner out, cake, wrapped gifts, blah blah blah, I bought her this:

20231231_162222.jpg

Not too big, 26 footer, 5200# axles. Something manageable she should be able to handle towing if the need arises. Insulated, roof vents, cabinets, doors both sides and rear drop ramp, new LEDs all around, in and out, wired, tires 1 year old, new jack, new brakes, bearings, hubs, backing plates, battery. Multiple new spares in the rack inside. They also threw in a bunch of pricey locks, and a new curt WDH, but, we'll need to sleeve it as it's not for the big boy hitch we have, it's one size down. I was lazy and just pulled it in the driveway then dropped it. Not worth going around and moving the other trailers to make a space to slide it in neatly today. That can be a next week project. No rust, no floor repairs ever or rot, no leaks.

Probably forgetting something or another about it. Eh, itll do the job.

Reactions: 4 users

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Like the trailer, I would be afraid though, she will have a "she shed" in the nose and the rest turn in to a hot dog stand by the highway. Once she makes a bunch money she will be off to the Caribbean with a 22 year old named Carlos.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Like the trailer, I would be afraid though, she will have a "she shed" in the nose and the rest turn in to a hot dog stand by the highway. Once she makes a bunch money she will be off to the Caribbean with a 22 year old named Carlos.

Nah. I suspect the cabinets in the front will be a home for spare new parts for her mustang, includong 2 sets kf rims in the bottom, and Service items I keep on hand for her. The countertop is another story. Tire rack will hold her spare tires.

Is that a Berlinetta in the back ground? Nice.

Firebird based on the wheels and sail panel decal

Cauterize has it... I'd made a thread on the car a couple years ago and then stopped working on it. Interior is like brand new. Exterior badly needs paint. Engine is tired and burns oil like it's an old Toyota.

But I do want to get back to it. 1985 Firebird SE V8 hardtop. Owned it.... guess it's going on its 3rd decade. Bought it used in CT, had it where I lived there, VT, RI, LA (Nawlins), and GA, not counting all the on the road states in-between.

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor