What did you do to your non-G Body project today [2024 edition]

You guys are having a CO winter down there? High of 61 today and 62 tomorrow here. 😎
Colorado winter? is it like that all winter? because if so, me and the wife are planning where to retire (4 seasons, cool summers, not too cold winters)

Reactions: Ugly1
Being the best way to cover all over the US. Need a couple of rear side doors for a 2003 ford supercab ( extended cab) they don’t make them. What states have on a better chance of super clean ones. I live in NH and metal mites are hungry little buggers!
I have about 2 weeks to do a vacation/ parts hunt and figured I could pick up some.
Colorado (I've heard), Texas, NM, AZ, Cali, Nevada, UT

try row52.com to search pick-n-pull yards nationwide. adjust the search function below to include the range of years

1706733479705.png

• Winner
just spent the last couple doors waiting for parts to arrive to fix a leaky 14yr old washer. after tracking the leak down to the cold water inlet valve, ordered imitation CCC new hot and cold valves from Amzn, received and inspected and cursed them out for being cheap bastards, replaced them, replaced washers on the water supply hoses, and now can wash clothes. probably sell this washer in a couple years when selling the house and buy a SpeedQueen that will last until I die.

also finally got the time to start removing radiator, hoses, overflow tank, etc, on the 07 Silverado purchased at auction. gonna have to wash the funk out of the interior after it's done

Colorado winter? is it like that all winter? because if so, me and the wife are planning where to retire (4 seasons, cool summers, not too cold winters)

Highs around 50 are more the norm for a mild day here in the Springs. It'll frequently get down in the 30s or even freezing to dump some snow, but it typically doesn't stay forever. It may be a few degrees cooler where you're looking though. 60 is a treat for sure.

Reactions: 86LK
Colorado (I've heard), Texas, NM, AZ, Cali, Nevada, UT

try row52.com to search pick-n-pull yards nationwide. adjust the search function below to include the range of years

View attachment 234380
That’s the areas I started looking but asking sometimes saves lots of BS. I got taken for a ride out of a place in Georgia. Wasn’t the main office and had to deal with a truck bed no one else wanted. That was having someone else pick it up. This time I’m going and my money wants top goodie’s. It’s a ford but it’s my sister’s pride and joy.

Tried unsuccessfully for two days to bleed the god damn brakes on the k1500. Tons of fluid. Tons of bubbles. Works until I start the truck, then pedal goes to floor. Shoes are adjusted, can barely get the drum on.
I have removed the rear abs module so it's a standard brake system, similar to our cars. I'm at a complete loss. I called it a day when I kept blowing the passenger rear wheel cylinder, which is new. I don't even know how it's possible for the cylinder to keep over extending if the shoes are already adjusted to near max. I'm at my wits end. I can get the brakes to work and grab and then immediately they go back to nothing.

That’s the areas I started looking but asking sometimes saves lots of BS. I got taken for a ride out of a place in Georgia. Wasn’t the main office and had to deal with a truck bed no one else wanted. That was having someone else pick it up. This time I’m going and my money wants top goodie’s. It’s a ford but it’s my sister’s pride and joy.
with row52.com you can also see if there is a local picker who will pull the part for you for a negotiated price

Tried unsuccessfully for two days to bleed the god damn brakes on the k1500. Tons of fluid. Tons of bubbles. Works until I start the truck, then pedal goes to floor. Shoes are adjusted, can barely get the drum on.
I have removed the rear abs module so it's a standard brake system, similar to our cars. I'm at a complete loss. I called it a day when I kept blowing the passenger rear wheel cylinder, which is new. I don't even know how it's possible for the cylinder to keep over extending if the shoes are already adjusted to near max. I'm at my wits end. I can get the brakes to work and grab and then immediately they go back to nothing.
old rubber lines collapsing inside?

old rubber lines collapsing inside?
All rubber is new. They would hold for a bit but as soon as I start the truck pedal instantly goes to floor. Also the shoes aren't moving at all when i press the pedal. I'm getting fluid from the bleeder, it's bleeding, but nothing happens.

All rubber is new. They would hold for a bit but as soon as I start the truck pedal instantly goes to floor. Also the shoes aren't moving at all when i press the pedal. I'm getting fluid from the bleeder, it's bleeding, but nothing happens.
Being an ABS truck, shouldn't it have an electronic brake distribution module as opposed to the old school proportioning valve?

Sounds to me like attempting to kill off part of the ABS had the function of removing the input the system would use to regulate fluid pressures, and, that would lead to not getting proper regulation and distribution of hydraulic pressures to the rear like you're supposed to.... no?

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor