What did you do to your non-G Body project today [2024 edition]

Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I honestly hadn't driven it enough before installing them to make any real comparison. But they've worn evenly, they are quiet, and they don't make an overwhelming amount of dust. They've been on there for several years and there is no rust jacking, the friction material is still firmly bonded, and the shims aren't falling off. I have no complaints.

So far they're feeling like a stock replacement pad and not the friction monster their GG or HH designation would imply. We'll see tomorrow after I get the trailer unhooked, I got them good and stinky twice today so they should have started becoming one with the rotors.

Who's your supplier or vendor for the Element 3 pads and do they make a matching shoe?

Nick

I got my pads from Amazon and it appears they do make a matching shoe.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Brakes on the 1500 yesterday. Brakes that I'd originally ordered December 20th and didn't finish arriving until Tuesday. Fvck!n Amazon.

Anyway these Napa semi-metallic pads that I slapped on in my friend's driveway in ND last year while helping him move had already failed me at 15,000 miles. I was not impressed.

Last set of NAPA pads I bought were comically bad. They were the mid grade ceramic ones. I put them on my mom's Outback and they were the dustiest, noisiest pads I've ever seen. I think they lasted a year. The wheels were always completely covered in brake dust.

Rotors are all made in China. I go with whatever the cheapest coated ones are on RockAuto. I think the grandpa Buick has Raybestos Element3 pads on the rear. They've been fine, although it doesn't tow or see any real heavy duty use.

When working on the brakes on the 12 bolt in one of the c10s I bought all new stuff from Napa- drums, shoes, calipers, hoses, you name it. If it moved, flexed, or stopped it was getting changed.

Whelp, I spent about 8 hours on the rears, it just wouldn't go back together. Drums couldn't be made to fit back on. I kept swapping different stuff out, figuring first I had sonething adjusted wrong, or whatever. Even went and swapped out for a second set of shoes and drums.

Turned out, the Napa shoes were defective and what didn't fit. Both sets. I'd finally thought to compare them to the old ones. Got some cheapo shoes at oriellys and boom, everything fit together quick and easy.

I've still never bothered to change the booster and master, or the.fronts, because I'm so burned out with it.

Reactions: 1 user

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Sold the GMC dually last weekend. One more project that I don't have time for is gone. Only four more vehicles to sell to be less distracted. At least vehicle-wise.

Reactions: 4 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Been absent from the forum, sorry. Bought this the end of October to replace the lease Jeep.

Put it to use not long after season opening

Now I need to liquidate the Jeep and 4-wheeler to clear my dad's driveway. LOL Well, the Porsche is there too, soooooo

Reactions: 5 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
So far they're feeling like a stock replacement pad and not the friction monster their GG or HH designation would imply. We'll see tomorrow after I get the trailer unhooked, I got them good and stinky twice today so they should have started becoming one with the rotors.

I got my pads from Amazon and it appears they do make a matching shoe.
Huh. Will have to log on to them and do some research. Right now I am wondering how far they will go back in year iand application.

Nick

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Been absent from the forum, sorry. Bought this the end of October to replace the lease Jeep.

Put it to use not long after season opening

Now I need to liquidate the Jeep and 4-wheeler to clear my dad's driveway. LOL Well, the Porsche is there too, soooooo

How's that trunk work? Looks like 2 different units in both pics? That's a nice short 4 seater too.

Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Huh. Will have to log on to them and do some research. Right now I am wondering how far they will go back in year iand application.

Nick

The trailer got them bedded in and they're biting a bit harder today. We'll give them more time to see if they come around any more.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor