What did you do to your non-G Body project today [2024 edition]

Today was post holiday first of the week fun day so got to spend much of the morning paying bills. Got to my indie speed shop around coffee time and found the front door wide open even though the morning temp was only around 50. Walked in to discover that the whole building had got skunked some time over the weekend/Monday and it still reeked of skunk spray. Coco was there, totally miserable from having to deal with the stench and even after being open to the elements for most of the morning you could still smell the after-reek. Ol' Pepi le Pew must have gone off like a bomb!

And that was just the first highlight of the visit. The second was being presented with my band style exhaust clamps and discovering that they were for 2-1/2 inch exhaust pipe, not the 2" that I had ordered!!! Neither amusing nor happy making. Replacements are supposed to be here for Friday, (yeah, right..)

So that blew off another day. Apart from that I did manage to size and drill the primary side mounting strap for my floor board project on the bike, plus scare up a piece of drilled round shaft that had the correct ID for the mounting bolts, plus some grade 8 thread rod to be the hanger, as apparently exhaust studs only come as long as 4" and no longer. I may elect to cut another length of the thread rod and add around a 1/4 inch to the total length over the first one just to provide more thread for the nuts to sit on. Happiness is a nut that doesn't decide to take a sudden vacation when importand things are happening.

Nick

Today was post holiday first of the week fun day so got to spend much of the morning paying bills. Got to my indie speed shop around coffee time and found the front door wide open even though the morning temp was only around 50. Walked in to discover that the whole building had got skunked some time over the weekend/Monday and it still reeked of skunk spray. Coco was there, totally miserable from having to deal with the stench and even after being open to the elements for most of the morning you could still smell the after-reek. Ol' Pepi le Pew must have gone off like a bomb!

And that was just the first highlight of the visit. The second was being presented with my band style exhaust clamps and discovering that they were for 2-1/2 inch exhaust pipe, not the 2" that I had ordered!!! Neither amusing nor happy making. Replacements are supposed to be here for Friday, (yeah, right..)

So that blew off another day. Apart from that I did manage to size and drill the primary side mounting strap for my floor board project on the bike, plus scare up a piece of drilled round shaft that had the correct ID for the mounting bolts, plus some grade 8 thread rod to be the hanger, as apparently exhaust studs only come as long as 4" and no longer. I may elect to cut another length of the thread rod and add around a 1/4 inch to the total length over the first one just to provide more thread for the nuts to sit on. Happiness is a nut that doesn't decide to take a sudden vacation when importand things are happening.

Nick

So you get to smell that again then.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor