What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
I sold the OBS Powerstroke awhile ago to put HVAC equipment in the house. Since it's been gone I have this strange anxiety about having to tow anything or move alot of weight. After a searching for several weeks I have added another heavy duty truck to the stable. 2006 LBZ Duramax. View attachment 137514 View attachment 137515

Drove several different ones and this thing is tight, runs excellent, and drives very well. He put injectors in it 6 months ago, alignment, front end parts, etc. 314k but you can't tell by driving it.

So you are just trying to torture me then? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Spent the afternoon unfvcking a bunch of underhood electric on a 75 T/A for a friend. I should have gotten a before pic; it was quite an abortion. For some reason, the HEI power wire was missing a solid 2" of insulation, right next to the valve cover! 😱 Needless to say, I fixed that. Still need to go back and do the hot battery side, get the wire nut and fusible link off the blower resistor, and pull the alarm out, but it is looking MUCH better.
View attachment 136373 View attachment 136374
How can a car that nice have those issues?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Holy crap! WTF disassembled that much stuff?

So, anyhow, I ended up helping my neighbor go rescue his kid off the side of I-70 because his Harley was blowing smoke. Couldn't get it running last night due to an empty fuel tank. They dumped some lawnmower grade catpee in it, and it ran. I'm not real smart sometimes, but wouldn't detonation cause those pits on the piston and break the compression ring?
View attachment 137097
Probably. If this was a car engine, I would say check the connecting rod bearings. If it was detonating bad enough to take a piston out, one side of the bearing is going to look like hell and the other will be normal.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Probably. If this was a car engine, I would say check the connecting rod bearings. If it was detonating bad enough to take a piston out, one side of the bearing is going to look like hell and the other will be normal.
They've made up their minds, and the bottom end is staying together. I tried to convince them into a jug kit because there's no replacement for displacement, but they seem to think the carb is lean. I have popcorn for the show...

• Sad

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I don't know. Who puts a fusible link on the blower motor resistor plug with a wire nut? <--- true story; will get a pic.

I see that and raise you this.

IMG_20140323_180325_149.jpg

This connected 2 terminals under the hood of my car. Every electron that the alternator wanted to send back to the battery had to flow through this. This came on my Camaro, a road race car supposed to go WOT for 30 minutes at a time. Oh I have more, and this car had some money dumped in it too. It's quite the paradox.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
Eggs?? Bleah!! The last thing an egg sees before it hits the straw is a chicken's *******, and hens don't need a rooster to lay eggs. However, if you want chicks instead of just eggs, then you need that loud mouthed shnook.

I don't have a rooster anymore. Yeah eggs come out a chicken's *ss. Eggs have an oil coating on them that makes them impermeable to chemicals and bacteria. When you wash the eggs that oil coating comes off and then they have to be refrigerated from that point on.

Vegetables grow in the dirt. What do you think that dirt is fertilized with? Unless you have well water, where does your tap water come from? Probably a river or a lake. And when you flush the toilet, unless you have a septic system, where do you think it goes? If yours is like most public sanitary sewage systems, back to the same river or lake. Sure it gets filtered and treated. And eggs get washed and cooked.

Point is, poop is everywhere.

• Agree

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
..... aaaand on the afternoon commute yesterday, they were talking about feca transplants on the radio. Apparently, a well matched donor's poo in your digestive system can trigger rejections! :wtf:

• Scared
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor