What else do you drive besides a g-body?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daily is a 05 silverado 5.3 HO cold air cat back exhaust and tonneau cover (makes a difference) I can get 22 mpg on the highway (that was before cold air and exhaust) so prolly better now but i haven't taken any trips in a while ... sucks truck is faster more powerful and better fuel miledge than my SS but hey the monte still more fun to drive it handles way better all new suspension... 8) oh yea the old lady got a 00 honda acc. but thats changing soon its her turn for the new vehicle.
ANY suggestions would be app. got to be good on fuel I like the audi's but little pricey

RockSS said:
My daily is a 05 silverado 5.3 HO cold air cat back exhaust and tonneau cover (makes a difference) I can get 22 mpg on the highway (that was before cold air and exhaust) so prolly better now but i haven't taken any trips in a while ... sucks truck is faster more powerful and better fuel miledge than my SS but hey the monte still more fun to drive it handles way better all new suspension... 8) oh yea the old lady got a 00 honda acc. but thats changing soon its her turn for the new vehicle.
ANY suggestions would be app. got to be good on fuel I like the audi's but little pricey

You could give me the Silverado, and I will give you a nice '89 Grand Marquis. Spacious, and gets 17 MPG! What a deal that would be 8)

That way everybody is happy...

My g-body monte carlo is not a street car--(DIRT TRACK CAR)--but here is my favorite ride--- My daily driver in a 91 s 10 ext cab--2.8----- 1974 gmc fullsize truck which I use to tow racecar--- also have a 2001 silverado that I bought new---has 20.000 miles on it and it is for sale.

Attachments

• s 10 right side.jpg
    s 10 right side.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 1,383
well i live in montana sound nice driving time is limited so when im not driving my wagon i drive a 2010 Malibu LTZ and a 1987 S10

My daily driver is an 85 chevy scottsdale shortbed. Its of a built 350 in it.

Attachments

• IMG00093-20100829-1121.jpg
    IMG00093-20100829-1121.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 1,588
In my case, it depends on the time of year. From mid april until late november my lemans is my daily driver. Work, supermarket, whatever! I put 14,000 kms on it last summer, rain or shine.
Mid november it goes to sleep for the winter and I bring out the beater. A Purple 96 Hyundai Accent, 3door hatch that cost me $500. 2 years ago. I love it because I don't give a rats-*ss if it gets hit, plowed into, runs off the road or some-one backs into it as long as it starts and runs when the key is turned.
The hatchback is also ok putting stuff into it like transmissions, diffs and the like. Spill a quart of trans fluid in the back? FREE RUST PROOFING!!!!

Gotta love winter beaters!
Dean

i am ate up with the automotive disease. right now i drive an 03 4dr cavilier, affectionally known as the killa cav, back and forth to work. but everywhere else i usually drive one of my others.

bagged 61 Impala 4dr hardtop

59 volksrod

Attachments

• dsc09325.jpg
    dsc09325.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 1,565
  • 100_0955.JPG
    100_0955.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,563
My 76 Monte Carlo Landau is the car I am currently driving until I get the Grand Prix fixed. Waiting until about late June to get the GP running again.

When I'm not driving a G-body, I drive my '96 Caprice Classic.
Unfortunately since I parted out my Malibu wagon last fall, I haven't gotten a suitable bomber to replace it, so I've had to drive the Caprice the past two winters after storing it for the five before that... :x

Even though the Caprice's have been out of service for years, traffic still parts like the Red Sea for me on the highway, since it looks just like the MN State Troopers cars... :lol:

31736610001_large.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor