What else do you drive besides a g-body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
What else does everyone have or drive? Even if my car wasn't garaged and in progress, it wouldn't be my daily because I commute 36 miles a day round trip to work. With the upcoming 455, the winter, wannabe car thieves, etc, it just isn't practical for me.

My most used car actually belongs to my fiance. It's a 2001 Accord. Has a newer long block, trans, and completely rebuilt suspension (by me of course). Not a rice fan, but it's one hell of a reliable car with 136K on it.

My other car was the garage queen before the GP. It's a '94 Deville that I came across with 65K on it for $2500. I figured I needed to have one "grown man" car and this fit the bill. I just drive it on occasional weekends. I actually do have pics of this one. (shoot me if I ever start taking Honda pics btw). Some caddy pics from when I first bought it last year.

1994Deville007.jpg

1994Deville011.jpg

1994Deville008.jpg

1994Deville009.jpg

1994Deville012.jpg

Brick442

Master Mechanic
Apr 16, 2009
Jersey Shore
My daily driver is a stock 2008 Mustang GT. It is horrible in icy weather so sometimes I use my wife's new Chevy Traverse, which is amazing in the snow . . . I took it off-roading in the 30" of snow we got the other day and it exceeded my expectations . . . GM nailed it with those AWD crossovers IMO

Before the Mustang my driver was a 2003 Ford Lightning, very fun truck to drive.

My 1985 442 only sees clear dry days, and isn't driven to work, ever.

anakputa

Master Mechanic
Nov 27, 2009
2009 Borrego, before that 2011 Sorento EX fully loaded..get a new car every month or 4,000 Miles. :lol:

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
anakputa said:
2009 Borrego, before that 2011 Sorento EX fully loaded..get a new car every month or 4,000 Miles. :lol:

I assume you work for Kia? They've really taken a strong stake in the market within the past few years.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
Brick442 said:
My daily driver is a stock 2008 Mustang GT. It is horrible in icy weather so sometimes I use my wife's new Chevy Traverse, which is amazing in the snow . . . I took it off-roading in the 30" of snow we got the other day and it exceeded my expectations . . . GM nailed it with those AWD crossovers IMO

Before the Mustang my driver was a 2003 Ford Lightning, very fun truck to drive.

Off topic but I must ask, what do you think of that Jersey Shore show?

83hurst-olds

G-Body Guru
Oct 19, 2010
near Oklahoma City, OK
I have a '94 Buick Lesabre that has been hit on both ends, but it is about to fall apart so I have been looking frantically for a decent daily driver from the late A body or G body family. The only downside is that it is going to sit outside so I don't want anything too nice that I will have to worry a lot about it getting jacked.

It seems like there are $800 cars, and $2500 cars in the G-body family, nothing in between around here locally. I would like to find another one with buckets and console, overdrive, and v-8 and preferably not T-tops (again, because it will be sitting outside all the time).

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
83hurst-olds said:
It seems like there are $800 cars, and $2500 cars in the G-body family, nothing in between around here locally

I've noticed that about g-bodies too. Your either getting yourself into a money pit or you have to raise your budget a little. Once upon a time you could get decent bodies with crapped out V6's relatively cheap. I had to drive 100 miles to get my GP. Most of the stuff in the city is beat to hell and overpriced.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
my DD/ 2nd job work truck is an 09 F150, and is like a billy goat in the bad weather
DarinsPics132.jpg

and I just picked this up a couple weeks ago for the wife to drive whe the weather gets bad(she's got an 08 mustang as well), and also to keep some of the miles off of the truck.... my $400 wonder brick! :mrgreen:
009.jpg

Brick442

Master Mechanic
Apr 16, 2009
Jersey Shore
G-Body_Vet said:
Brick442 said:

Off topic but I must ask, what do you think of that Jersey Shore show?

lol, embarrassing that other states associate NJ with it . . . that show is filmed about 10-15 minutes from where I live. Not really indicative of the true people who live around here, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor