What else do you drive besides a g-body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
My Monte was my first car and was a summer daily driver for a few years. I then bought an '84 SS as a year round daily driver:

100_0436JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg

...which was later replaced with a '93 Saturn (41-43mpg US!) when I landed a job with a longer commute:

100_0952aJPG_Thumbnail1.jpg

...I was so impressed with the fuel economy and reliability of that car that I bought this '96 for when the '93 died:

100_4656JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg

The '93 lasted another few years while that car sat in the driveway. I knew the timing chain was going but didn't want to spend the money on it since I had the '96 waiting in the wings and it also had rust issues at the top of the windshield that were only getting worse. That '93 is what I learned to drive standard on as well - I bought the car without ever having driven standard before, and now I own three cars that are all standard LOL It's actually what gave me the bug to swap the Monte over to a 5-speed which made it a whole different car.

The wife had a '92 Jeep YJ when I met her, and currently has this '03 Jetta as her DD:

100_3858jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg

jcbannis

Apprentice
Dec 26, 2010
Sunman Ind.
I have m 84 monte ss and i also have a 84 ford pickup that was given to me and a 94 olds 88

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
The Wife drives our " kiddie cruiser" 2001 Venture and I drive a 2000 Grand Am and also a beast 1986 Blazer, and that's brown too just like my Monte....I call it "Mr.Hanky" 8)

supercrackerbox

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2008
Lincoln NE
My daily driver is a Dodge G-body.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
I have an 04 Accord. One of the few decent cars I could find with a manual trans. Luckily it had lots of nice options like leather, cd changer, sun roof, and a decent sounding stereo. Sucks that it's only a 4 cyl, but the gas mileage is nice.

classic80

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 21, 2010
Tri-Cities, WA
Wife drives an '04 Chevy Trailblazer, I drive an '01 Ford Explorer. I'm a Chevy guy mostly but the Explorer was too cheap to pass up.

My projects/toys are the '80 Malibu and an '89 Honda CRX

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor