CUTLASS What front ends are interchangeable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
aren't the lights you're talking about in the header? I think the lines on the Supreme header are the same so I think you could replace the header, grills and bumper

Reactions: 1 user

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
What’s up guys. Greetings from San Diego. I have an ‘85 Cutlass Supreme Sedan. Wondering if the front end (before hood and fenders) is interchangeable with say, an el Camino, or wagon or even a 2 door coupe? I’m trying to find a front end that will get rid of the turn signals to the side of the headlights. I noticed other g-bodies, including the wagon, don’t have the side markers. Thanks in advance. 👍🏽🤓👍🏽

Hey Eddie, Sorry but I can't help answer your question. It sounds like you are looking for a different model and or year header panel (nose assembly) that will fit your 85 Cutlass Supreme Sedan.
I would think one of the Cutlass guys would help you out.
You may end up needing to swap out the entire front end...fenders, hood and header panel.
The new fenders would need to match up with your doors....

Eddie Cutlass

Apprentice
May 3, 2020
San Diego
aren't the lights you're talking about in the header? I think the lines on the Supreme header are the same so I think you could replace the header, grills and bumper
Yeah, they’re the corner park lamps/turn signals in the header. I dig the look without them. Just curious if anyone knew if other front clip headers bolted up and matched/semi matched the fenders/hood so that I wouldn’t have to replace the entire front end. No biggie. Can’t wait to start taking it apart.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Yeah, they’re the corner park lamps/turn signals in the header. I dig the look without them. Just curious if anyone knew if other front clip headers bolted up and matched/semi matched the fenders/hood so that I wouldn’t have to replace the entire front end. No biggie. Can’t wait to start taking it apart.
78-79 cutlass cruiser wagon, cutlass salon coupe and sedan header is what your looking for. The 78-79 header has no side marker lights. Instead, the side marker lights are in the fenders. Up to you if you want to swap fenders also. 78-79 header should bolt up to your fenders. Here are pics of my 78 salon coupe and 79 cutlass cruiser wagon. Is this what your looking for?
20200528_181127.jpg
20200511_174450.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

Eddie Cutlass

Apprentice
May 3, 2020
San Diego
78-79 cutlass cruiser wagon, cutlass salon coupe and sedan header is what your looking for. The 78-79 header has no side marker lights. Instead, the side marker lights are in the fenders. Up to you if you want to swap fenders also. 78-79 header should bolt up to your fenders. Here are pics of my 78 salon coupe and 79 cutlass cruiser wagon. Is this what your looking for?
View attachment 148344 View attachment 148345
Yes! That’s it!
sweet rides, by the way!
I’m going to replace the body bushings and while I’m at it, I figured I would see about switching the front header if it wasn’t an extensive mod project and clean up the frame and Spray on some under carriage coating...I lucked out the car has only some surface rust here and there.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I’m trying to find a front end that will get rid of the turn signals to the side of the headlights.
Just so you know there is a law in place that requires side facing amber marker lights in the front so if you change your header panel to one that doesn't have them you will need them on the fenders.
It is a safety issue so other cars can see you from a side profile, they are not there for show.

Reactions: 1 users

Eddie Cutlass

Apprentice
May 3, 2020
San Diego
Just so you know there is a law in place that requires side facing amber marker lights in the front so if you change your header panel to one that doesn't have them you will need them on the fenders.
It is a safety issue so other cars can see you from a side profile, they are not there for show.
Mos def! Yes, I learned this the hard way with my s10 I modded a few years back.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
If you can't find the Salon header and fenders locally, I have them in Houston

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor