What Is The Best Automotive TV Show In The World?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
dan2286 said:
I remember that Toyota truck episode on TV, but never remembered the name of the show. That shows great!! I think most of the car shows on anymore are pretty much all advertisements, and take alot of the technical aspect away. Its also hard to find shows that are aimed towards people with smaller budgets, but I guess anything having to with cars is goin to cost some money. I wish they would have never got rid of Monster Garage and Overhaulin, those were my favorite shows. Im not sure but I think Jesse James left Monster Garage because he was gettin sick of all of the publicity, cant blame him for that though.

If you liked the Toyota truck one, you will love some of their newer stuff. They made a Space Shuttle out of a 3 wheeled Reliant Robin-complete with booster rockets that seperated and launched it, breaking a British amateur rocket height record, sailed the English channel in a Nissan Pickup with a big outboard on the tailgate, shot up a Prius with a machine gun, drove across the African bush of Botswana in a Mercedes, an Opel and a Lancia, and even drove to the magnetic North Pole in a pickup truck. If you look on You Tube, you will find most of these episodes by using Top Gear as your search term.

Here's the Toyota truck for anyone who has not seen it. It is really amazing!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrk6vsb77xk

Oh, another great BBC program I would like to see again was Junkyard Wars (AKA "Scrapheap" in GB).

jerrycad472

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2006
Detroit, MI
I always liked Overhaulin, but have not seen it on recently, must of moved the time. Top Gear is awsome. Two of my buddies and I watch it when ever we get together. I was on vacation with a couple of other families last night. All of the guys ended up in one hotel room watching Top Gear via YouTube on one of the guy's laptops.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
i really like overhauling also. they actually build the cars right and he seems to have a foose seems to have similar taste to the style of cars i like to see. spike is alright but it all depends on what they are doing that day and how many reruns they have.

andrewmp6

Master Mechanic
Sep 9, 2007
Gearz with Stacey David got moved to speed channel i miss him on trucks!.He use to own a hot rod and custom shop in Nashville in the mid to late 90s wish i still had the pictures of the cars he built.Monster garage got boring fast too much free stuff gave to them.V8tv http://v8tvshow.com/ i forget that channel it comes on something mens outdoors i think.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
"Today on Monster Garage, with a budget of just $3,000 ( with $40,000 in FREEBIES!!!) We will build this POS that does nothing well out of a formerly useful car."

kyhunter89

Greasemonkey
Jul 27, 2007
KY
Pass Time

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I have heard they are going to get Adam Corolla, and maybe Tim Allen to be two of the hosts. I miss Adam Corolla (odd name for a guy who owns a Datsun 510...) on Love Line, as he made the show. I just think he is too abrasive to be another Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, or James May. They are also supposedly making an Australian version, and a Korean version. It is also interesting to note that Clarkson owns Top Gear as he resurrected it after it got canceled and came up with the current format. (This is according to Wikipedia.)

andrewmp6

Master Mechanic
Sep 9, 2007
I don't like top gear the american car specs are always way off or just wrong.Like there Shelby gt390 lol.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
andrewmp6 said:
I don't like top gear the american car specs are always way off or just wrong.Like there Shelby gt390 lol.

they converted it to metric! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor