What size wheels and tires do you have

Status
Not open for further replies.

mystre71

Apprentice
Apr 7, 2018
So you have 17x 7s all the way around ? What is your back spacing ? I hate to spend the $$$ on a set of rims and find out they won't work ya know ?

oLdS1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 25, 2018
Van Wert OH
I think you can run that with no issues. I'm running an 18x9.5 rear with 275/40/18's with a 5.25 backspace and a 1/4" spacker. This technically means I'm running 5" backspace. I have zero rubbing in the rear inside or out.

The front is another story...

18x8 with 255/40/18s with a 4.5" backspace. I am fine inside but with the car low the tire grabs my chrome trim if I hit a bump turning. I will end up raising my car a bit in the front and at that point the fit is fine. If you got to any tire size calculator and just key in tire sizes it will tell you really close estimates on what the dimensions or your wheel tire combo are.
20180701_210710.jpg
20180701_210748.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

buzz77

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2013
I think you can run that with no issues. I'm running an 18x9.5 rear with 275/40/18's with a 5.25 backspace and a 1/4" spacker. This technically means I'm running 5" backspace. I have zero rubbing in the rear inside or out.

The front is another story...

18x8 with 255/40/18s with a 4.5" backspace. I am fine inside but with the car low the tire grabs my chrome trim if I hit a bump turning. I will end up raising my car a bit in the front and at that point the fit is fine. If you got to any tire size calculator and just key in tire sizes it will tell you really close estimates on what the dimensions or your wheel tire combo are. View attachment 91612 View attachment 91613

How much have you lowered the front and back?

buzz77

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2013
Fronts have a 2" hub centric spacer
Rear have no spacer but i built a wider than stock zr2 s10 8.6 rear so they bolt right up.
I have a question not quite related to this thread. But how thick of a wheel adaptor do our cars need to clear the studs without grinding them down? Many say 1.5 inch adaptor will do which means our studs are just shy of being 1.5 inches in length. I may have to just take wheel off and measure. have a wheel that will fit real good with a 1.5-1.65 thick wheel adaptor but dont want to cut studs as i may want to go back to normal.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
I have a question not quite related to this thread. But how thick of a wheel adaptor do our cars need to clear the studs without grinding them down? Many say 1.5 inch adaptor will do which means our studs are just shy of being 1.5 inches in length. I may have to just take wheel off and measure. have a wheel that will fit real good with a 1.5-1.65 thick wheel adaptor but dont want to cut studs as i may want to go back to normal.

It would be in your best interest to acquire wheels that actually fit w/o the use of adapters/spacers at all.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

buzz77

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2013
It would be in your best interest to acquire wheels that actually fit w/o the use of adapters/spacers at all.

Quite true, The rears are perfect, Unfortunately fronts would require a wheel adaptor with about 1.5 inch in spacing. These are brand new forged aluminum wheels which are discontinued so i will never find the proper backspacing (and bolt pattern) for the fronts anymore.

Reactions: 1 user

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
Quite true, The rears are perfect, Unfortunately fronts would require a wheel adaptor with about 1.5 inch in spacing. These are brand new forged aluminum wheels which are discontinued so i will never find the proper backspacing (and bolt pattern) for the fronts anymore.

Why do you need a huge spacer for the front? Is the spindle hub the issue? That could be resolved w/the Blazer spindle upgrade.

buzz77

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2013
The fronts are 18x7 with 5 inch backspacing with a 5x5 bolt pattern (Rears 18x8 5x4.75 with 4bs no probs there). Currently im not looking to make any modifications to the front, and since I like switching out rims every now and then i dont want to tamper with the stock stud lengths. Usually i always go with proper fitting wheels but in this case it has to be an exception.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
Those aren't even the right bolt pattern; I'd just get rid of 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor