What style are you going for with your gbody?

What style are you going for with your gbody?

• Big Wheel Donk Style

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Muscle car Clean Resto Mod

• All original no major modifications

• Strickly drag strip

• lowrider

• pro touring / corner carver

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

86CutlassUCF

Master Mechanic
Nov 14, 2008
Central FL
Gbodies are pretty intersting because there so many different styles you could do that still look good. Just wondering what style your going for? I have no favorite or think any are stupid. Im just glad that people are just saving them from rusting out and being crushed. but with my car im going for a clean blacked out cutlass with somewhat of a GN look what i guess would fall in to my muscle car clean resto mod option.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
All original with a little more thump in the trunk, rumble under the hood, and I can't think of anything cool to say about better braking.

From an outward appearance though it will look all stock.

jonnyslick

G-Body Guru
Jun 2, 2008
Crossville, TN
I'm gonna' shoot for a pro-touring build. I'm not going to really start until I get the money set aside for a proper suspension and brake package ... that's gonna' be the expensive part. :?

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA
Short of pro touring for mine. I want a CLEAN ride that stops and turns like a sports car, has an pretty good ride, built to drive and last. After I get all of that worked out, We are looking at a LSX to make it go too. :)

[email protected]

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2009
Wisconsin
That's a hard question for me to answer.

86' SS with T-Tops, 350ci mild build, 2600 stall,turbo 350, A/C delete swap. Rear disc conversion, 2" drop spindles, Polly bushings, Air bags. Still rolling stock wheels but plan on 20's or 22's next year(as large as I can possibly tuck), It will lay frame rail aired out. Big wheels, but on a concrete grabbing G machine.

I think I'll have to say protouring, a streetable build that can be driven anywhere. because to me a traditional lowrider will always have wires and hydros, and there is a kinda "overdone" lowrider look, that I am staying away from.

Clean- less is more!

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
I would say I'm in the 'resto mod' category.

I perfer the exterior of my cars to be mostly stock, with only minor tweaks, if any at all.

Same goes for interiors... Stock and simple. I don't need any electronic stuff. No fancy stereo system. No DVD or PS3 or TV's. A CD player and some upgraded speakers in the stock spots are just fine with me.

Doing restoration work for a living has instilled me with some habits, and I'm incredibly picky. If you have any flaws in your car, I'll find 'em right away. It makes cars shows not much fun, since in my eyes, 75% of the stuff out there is junk...

I'm a stickler for things that are correct for a certain car. I also like the uncommon stuff. I got an aluminum hood and core support for my 442, and I've also converted both the 442 and wagon to non a/c set ups with all the correct factory pieces. The wagon is also getting a factory manual trans swap that I have all the parts for. It's mostly the novelty of the hard to find parts that I enjoy.

I'm not a fan of lowered cars. I like the stock look. Besides, clearance is tight enough in some cases and roads can suck up here, so I'll keep my car at the normal ride height... I've already smashed enough exhaust tips and cracked enough air deflectors...

Big wheels don't do it for me. 15's are fine with me, and 17" is the biggest I'd ever consider.

Drivetrains however, the sky's the limit. Again, the simpler the better. I can live without chrome and billet everything. A clean looking engine compartment is nice.

I just like clean, straight cars that have a nice attention to detail, and are driven and enjoyed.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
None of the above....

I'm in the 'sleeper' category. 8)

jonnyslick

G-Body Guru
Jun 2, 2008
Crossville, TN
And honestly most cars will cross some style boundaries. For instance, I really want a good suspenision and brakes ... but I probably will leave the body mostly stock and I will not be running some ultra high dollar $3,000 each wheels. I'll be fine with some Coys for now. Also, I don't plan on going super hi-tech with the interior. Just clean it up a bit and I'll be happy. So while it'll have the under-pinnings of a pro-tourer, chances are the rest of the car will look like a nice resto-mod.

New style ... Pro-Resto ????

:lol:

crappycutlass

Master Mechanic
May 28, 2007
im going for the trailer park/ beater style...

and its working for me.... :lol:

but my regal is stock original... clean...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor