What style are you going for with your gbody?

What style are you going for with your gbody?

• Big Wheel Donk Style

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Muscle car Clean Resto Mod

• All original no major modifications

• Strickly drag strip

• lowrider

• pro touring / corner carver

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

1979mc

Apprentice
Nov 5, 2008
Houston TX
Mudweizer said:
Thanks for the info 1979mc. What size dome light bulb did you get? Says free w/purchase.
i just geussed because i did have a factory dome light at the time, 8)

Euro

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 23, 2008
Batavia, IL
For our SS, definitely stock/original. Which is why i'm finding one for myself to resto-mod

Clutch_Grabwell

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2007
Millbury, Mass.
Resto-mod fits the description best. There's even a 'theme' at work. What could a Monte look like if the model hadn't been discontinued and more options were available? I raided the GM parts bin and the aftermarket to find out.
This is what might have been:

'89 TPI 350 w/ ZZ4 cam
'95 F-body 6-speed
Manual trans tilt steering column
P RN(D)321 delete
S-10 ZQ8 brakes
Buick 8.5" posi rear end
Composite headlights
Dual under-hood lamps
Rear view mirror lighting
Serpentine accessory drive
Embroidered hood insulator
Refinished 16" Camaro wheels
Buick Concert Sound II lower door panels
Power mirrors w/ 90's Caprice control switch
Six speakers plus subwoofer and two amplifiers
Power driver's bucket seat w/ Caddy switch pod
Fender, back seat, core support and front frame braces

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0494.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
I'm gonna go kinda muscle car but I want it to turn too. I'm going with a 403(for now at least) with 400 ft/lbs minimum, a 4/5 speed is in my future, and 3.08-3.42's are also coming soon(maybe 3.73's or 3.91's depending on the trans I get). I want to lower the car 1-1.5"s and go tubular control arms fron and rear. Bigger sway bars too. (Already have f-41).
All I'm doing to the interior is a BOSS head unit 80wattx4channel with a kicker eq, sony xplod 600w or 1000w amp and 4 6x9's. 2 where the factory speakers were and 2 in the rear armrests where they'll hide nicely. Also, 2 3" tweeters in the dash. I already modded my 60/40 bench into buckets and I'm gonna run a console most likely but I need the trans in first to line one up (custom setup to work with the manual trans).
Then the whole car will be stripped to the metal, massaged and sprayed in factory laquer medium metallic gray. Oh, and a set of wheels is undecided yet, but it'll be 15" wheels definatly.

Grandpa's car on the outside, a beast on the inside...

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
im going with more mucsle to, but i plan on tucking some 18's under it, but have a set of slicks, and a set of rally wheels. so whatever mood im in. plus more tire to burn off.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Can I go with a pro-touring resto-mod? I kept most of the stock trim, it looks stock under the hood, but the car is a non-stock color with non-stock wheels, and pretty much every mechanical part is modified.

So far:

l_5233826937064559a21ae0dc1346f72d.jpg

supreme_eighty5

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2008
Upstate, NY
1979mc said:
I'm into lowrider's. Yeah I know they are probably frowned on here but it's what I like. :D I'm not into all the radical interior's and paint. I want to keep my car simple, stock(except for the obvious)and clean. I have spent alot of money so far restoring the monte. I'm trying to get everything NOS. I pulled all the windows and replaced all the rubber during paint. The exterior is an orion silver. The interior is all black. I have found all the interior trim in factory black. The only pieces inside that will be dyed are the dash(for now) and the center console. Nothing wrong with dying the plastics but I personally don't like it. The motor was built by me about 5 years ago, the first time is was to restore it. It sat up until August 08 when I started the second attempt on the restore. This time is alot more productive than the first. I was trying to finish the inside and outside before my son was born and do the chrome under carriage after. It doesn't look like that will be possible(sitting at the hospital typing this up, waiting to induce labor) :eek: Well I guess that is enough about my car so here is some pics.

my Hid conversion and nos bezels and I know its a 78 grill but its the cleanest one I've found so far.
DSC02690.jpg

thats a nice monte you got there. my buddy owned a pink 80 MC, if your on layitlow you mightve seen it, called pinky. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor