What style are you going for with your gbody?

What style are you going for with your gbody?

• Big Wheel Donk Style

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Muscle car Clean Resto Mod

• All original no major modifications

• Strickly drag strip

• lowrider

• pro touring / corner carver

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudweizer

Greasemonkey
Dec 23, 2008
Houston,TX
1979mc said:
crappycutlass said:
where did you get your lights?... i would LOVE a set like that for my cars.

if your talking about the hid's. ebay. depending on what kind of car you have you need to buy the actual housing and then then the hid kit. if you need me to i can send you the link to the light housings and the hid's from the guy I bought them from. :)

Can you please post that link, those look real nice.

1979mc

Apprentice
Nov 5, 2008
Houston TX
Mudweizer said:
1979mc said:
crappycutlass said:

if your talking about the hid's. ebay. depending on what kind of car you have you need to buy the actual housing and then then the hid kit. if you need me to i can send you the link to the light housings and the hid's from the guy I bought them from. :)

what kind of car do you have??

Geesie

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2008
San Diego
My first goal was to restore it to stock condition. I've met that and I intend to keep the appearance as stock as possible, from the chrome trim to the fake wire wheel covers. I'm next going to put in an overdrive transmission and in the future I want to do an engine swap. Whatever I have access to at that time will dictate what I do - either the easy route (SBC) or the hard but fancy route (3800 Series II Supercharged).

No matter which way I go with the drive train, it'll look 100% 1984 stock Buick Regal Limited everywhere but the engine bay.

crappycutlass

Master Mechanic
May 28, 2007
1979mc said:
Mudweizer said:
1979mc said:
crappycutlass said:

i would need a set for my 83 reg and mostly my DD 80 camaro...

1979mc

Apprentice
Nov 5, 2008
Houston TX

Mudweizer

Greasemonkey
Dec 23, 2008
Houston,TX
1979mc said:
Mudweizer said:
1979mc said:
crappycutlass said:

1978 Buick Regal.

nasty187

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 13, 2009
I am going for the stock but sleek look with my gn.It has Stock wheels,stock hood,no emblems out side , fiberglass bumpers front and rear ,with no bumperets, all black headlight and parking lights,tinted windows,has every power option, stealth basically.Around here my buick is a Mystery.Nobody knows what to expect from it,do to the fact that every car i had prior were mide 11 cars with v-8's now i'm sporting a 6.

and i have an engine that has so many shiney parts you need sunglasses to look at it.. :blah:

pokertramp

G-Body Guru
Aug 10, 2008
I wanted a track car but I decided to go with the muscle car/low rider look. Little bit of both where I can cruise on air bags but take it to the trackof I have the urge to,,,,,that is if I would be allowed to race it with air bags or hydros in it. Otherwise, I will just lower it, have Dayton rims for cruising and the rims I have now for the track.

IhaveNoPantsOn

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2009
Holyoke, MA
I'm going the 'resto/mod/less is more' route with my 87 GP. Get rid of all trim, vinyl top, and opera lights. Black out grille, headlight bezels, etc.. Shave power antenna and trunk lock cover/emblem. Remove black bumper guard thingys. Nice deep dark blue paint, tint, 15" IROC wheels. Minor suspension upgrades, including s10 springs up front, and whatever springs lower it about an inch in the back, thicker front swaybar, and add rear one, and maybe a poly bushing kit. Interior will stay mostly stock. Black out all the wood trim, cheap CD player and 6x9 speakers in the back, instead of the crappy 4x9s. Eventually, I want to switch it to floor shift, with buckets, but that will be further down the road. Performance-wise, I just want the damn thing running! Should be roaring back to life in the next couple weeks. I will keep everyone posted.

Attachments

• Grand Am 3.JPG
    Grand Am 3.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 152

1979mc

Apprentice
Nov 5, 2008
Houston TX
Mudweizer said:
1979mc said:
Mudweizer said:
1979mc said:
crappycutlass said:

1978 Buick Regal.

order one set of these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts-Ac ... 240%3A1318

then buy 1 set of these....order bulb # h4 and then the color I have 14000k (purple) but wouldn't recomend for a driver. I have 6000k (white) in all of my drivers...................
by the way this is a good seller i have bought about 5 sets so far with no probs

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XENON-HI ... ccessories

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor