Status
Not open for further replies.

daffy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 24, 2008
Houston,Tx
CIMG0316.jpg

CIMG0317.jpg

i just got these rims friday but they rub when i hit a bump. the tire size is 245/40/20. i was thinking about getting 245/35 or 245/30s. what do yall think. i took off the wheels until i get the tires changed.

bourbon

Master Mechanic
Aug 23, 2007
PA
daffy said:
i always drive slow. they still rub. thats why i want to go with a smaller tire.

i msg'd you back but seeing the car you might have the wrong backspace for the car, look to see if the wheel lips are even with the wheel well opening. if they are you wont stop them from rubbing without raising the car. if the wheels only line up with the lip then cutting the lips out will help you. check these things out before spending money on new tires.

daffy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 24, 2008
Houston,Tx
ill check it out. if i have to lift it or cut anything then ill just sell them and get me some 14" 100 spokes.

Rockstar

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2007
Tampa,Fl
245/35 should be no problem with rubbing. And dont lift it , youll get clowned for being lifted on twankies :p

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I'd roll them by flattening out the lip, then re-bending it further back with a pair of flanging pliers and using a pie cut or two, followed by some welding to make it the right shape. Done right, you could reuse the trim by modifying it to suit. Oh, and don't lift it. It will just make it look silly.

daffy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 24, 2008
Houston,Tx
my ride will never be lifted. im not a fan of donks. but i got a deal on these rims from a friend and just grabed them. i dont want to do any cutting on it. im just rolling these rims for a couple years. i will get the 14"s when i get the body work and suspension done. its just going to be a little while before i get the funds. so i dont want to cut the car fit 20s if it will be on smaller rims in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor