what to do when being ripped off

Status
Not open for further replies.

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
RockSS said:
Oh F@#$ that they sent the wrong parts ( or bad ones ) thats bad business. I know some places like to screw you for shipping but some are upstanding. I hope you get things worked out , but in the meantime I wont do business with them just to support you and I certainly dont want the wrong parts...
X2 thats not your fault for them sending the wrong parts

azmalibuwagon

Master Mechanic
Sep 18, 2009
Phoenix
If it's your fault, you pay the freight. If it's a gray area, you'll probably still have to pay. If it was definitely their fault they should pay. But companies do things differently, and they may no agree.

If they don't make it right. I definitely want to know, because I have no intention of buying from a company that doesn't stand behind their products and people.

79malibu350

Master Mechanic
Mar 30, 2010
pontiacgp said:
joe_padavano said:
Blake442 said:
Boo hoo.

Sorry, but I can't think of a single company that will reimburse shipping. It just doesn't happen.

I'll disagree. If the seller made a mistake and shipped the wrong or a defective part, why should the buyer be responsible for shipping? Now, if the buyer ordered the wrong part, that's an entirely different story.

x2....one thing I do if buying online I use a prepaid credit card just above the purchase amount so no one can grab any money off if it....

me too!

djtr

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 15, 2011
Ottawa
if someone sells you something that is damaged or incorrect then its not your fault and you shouldn't have to pay.... that my opinion at least. Part of the reason I prefer to pay with paypal!

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
plotts said:
To the guy in Mn.Really? Huh,When $544.00 in charges are added to my credit card that i didn't put on there, i'm sure anyone would get pissed!When I'm told all my money would be refunded and I"m short $30.00 plus shipping then i've got a problem with that company.GET IT......so i'm out over $1100.00 as of today.
How are you out $1100? Gbodyparts is willing to give you back the money minus the shipping, I agree that you should also get back the shipping since the parts he sent you was damaged.
Call your credit card company and find out where the $544 went to, no way should have a set of A&B pillar trim cost near $600. You card # could have been stolen. Or was it some parts that were drop shipped to you from another company?

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Id be busting some kneecaps for my money!

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
1. Doesn't matter about who's responsible. Sure, it's their mistake. But shipping is just something YOU have to deal with. Yes, yes, they "should" pay for it but what Blake442 said is 100% correct. 99.9% of companies on the internet would do the same thing. Summit and Jegs are exceptions, they are well known and will go the "extra mile" so you might get different support from them.

2. $35? It's not a lot of money. I've been ripped off for a lot more. Suck it up. Work an extra 2 hours, really it's nothing. Not to sound harsh, but really, suck it up, it's nothing. You got a refund and that's a good thing.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
-83MONTESS- said:
Id be busting some kneecaps for my money!

me too...I don't mind paying even a few extra bucks for something I want but send me wrong parts or not what was advertised or junk then I want a full refund...they knew what was asked for and what they sent so it's their mistake and they are responsible to pay the shipping and/or restocking

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
$35 may not seem like much but thats a lot to someone thats on a budget and that can buy a lot of different things. Not to mention with gas prices nowadays you need all the money you can get. $35 can get you half a tank :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor