what year is my lt1

Status
Not open for further replies.

regalonbags

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 24, 2008
ive just got a lt1 that was a jasper rebulid its bare motor. from a firend its said to have about 40,000 on it . it has no acc. or intake just the motor its self with alum heads and i got the motor for just about free just had to do sum body work. i m going to put this in my 84 regal . i want to start to buy parts and was told it was a 97 . how can i be sure ? and what shoul i do about a harness? thanks for your help

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
You need to pull the oil pan off to see if everything checks out. If the bearings look worn or something out of place after you crank it, then you should get your money back. This will also show what car it came from, four bolts is from a vette. Just check the casting # for the year and other info. I'm a little confused, is there 40k miles on the rebuild or it was rebuilt after 40k miles? (would be nice to know how many miles was on it before) When you say Jasper engines you just meant it was a stock rebuild?

Can't help with the type of wiring harness you need.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
If it were me, I'd be looking for a B body with LOTS of miles or locked up engine. Should be cheap, and have everything you're lacking that you are going to need (accessories, OD trans, wiring, PCM and a zillion little brackets and such). It's going to get expensive FAST if you have to start piecing it together.

regalonbags

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 24, 2008
the rebulid has 40,000 on it if that. it was taken out of a car that had a 383 stroker built for pinks. all cylinder walls and bearings look good , the heads them selfs are worth the time i have in the body work.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Lt1s are basically in 2 categories -- iron head and aluminum head. The only differences from year to year is in the externals (which you are missing). Optispark (distributors) were improved @ 1994. Accessory drives vary by body. Fuel lines exit on passenger side for Corvette only. Your only variable is the cam. Since it came from a rebuilder it could be anything.
Here is a shot of the swap I did in my dad's '64 El Camino.
009.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor