Whatcha doin to your car this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's now after midnight and I'm done! I replaced a muffler and tailpipe, as well as the trans rear seal. Put a new idler arm and center link, and dropped the tie rods and pitman arm for a good scrubbing and a coat of POR-15. While under the front end, I replaced the sway bar with a spare that had already been POR-15'd. Cleaned and coated the sway bar brackets and replaced the link bushings with some harder ones. Tomorrow I think I'll give her a decent cleanup, then back to work on Monday. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Bill

Got some more work done!

Been doing some smaller projects here and there, since my back has been bothering me, and crawling around on the ground doesn't sound too appealing. But progress is progress, and some of the bigger stuff can wait...

After I got the steering column in the 442 back together, I did some cleaning inside my Cutlass wagon and got the interior plastics looking nice. After that I fixed the loose grilles on the 442, and then I removed the hood ornament and put on the ornament delete piece I made out of an extra hood molding I had laying around. Now I have to polish the hood molding too, so it looks as nice as the delete piece...

3895230085_large.jpg

And there's still another full day!

Looks great! Are U gonna replace the seatbelts,as well? :?:[/quote]

Thanks. I'm not sure. There's enough black on the dash to kinda make the black belts look OK. I guess whoever ordered the car new didn't think to get matching belts. If I could find a set of dk. carmine belts I'd probably grab 'em, or I could probably have someone replace the belts and re-use my hardware.

I repacked the wheel bearings and fixed two snapped lugnut studs on my front wheels. I drove my car to work on Thursday and noticed that the wheel was really shaking bad on the way home. I jacked it up and noticed the front wheels loose.Of course this was after i was doin 80 on I-76 on a "test run". :shock:

Got more done today!

I cleaned off the 442 after noticing just how dusty it was in the pic I posted. After that, I decided to swap out the vent windows in my Cutlass wagon, because both of them had broken at the swivel on the bottom.
While everything was apart, I peeled the window tint off the door glass. Got one side done just fine, but the otherside didn't want me to remove the glass channel from the old vent, and it just crumbled in my hands... :roll:
Now I'll have to scrape up something to work for the time being, or maybe see if it's worth pulling the window channel out of my Malibu, which is probably what I'll end up doing.

Got the driveshaft back in, bolted the torque convertor and flexplate together, tightened the motor mount bolts, and put the oil filter on and filled the oil. Now all I gotta do is everything else! Gonna need a mini starter since the big old one isn't gonna clear the header and still need exhaust, but it is coming along slowly.

outsider_27 said:
Got the driveshaft back in, bolted the torque convertor and flexplate together, tightened the motor mount bolts, and put the oil filter on and filled the oil. Now all I gotta do is everything else! Gonna need a mini starter since the big old one isn't gonna clear the header and still need exhaust, but it is coming along slowly.
You,ve been busy! How long did it take ya?

maximus84 said:
outsider_27 said:
You,ve been busy! How long did it take ya?

About an hour and a half! 😀

well not this past weekend but the upcoming weekend the framerails are getting a coat of much needed flat black paint as well as the floorpans underneath then my only other goal is to finally update everyone on what I have done to my car, been a while since an update and I feel like alot of "little" things have gotten done

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor