Whats my car worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LGhost

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 18, 2010
Need to sell it...

Engine = 350 - Brand New Edelbrock Manifold and Carb ... Hedman Shorty headers no ceramic coat ... HEI Distributor ... Motor has 15,000 miles on it, crate motor from mexico (stock) ... Brand New Starter, Mechanical Fuel Pump, Flywheel. The motor was installed through the directions from here.
Trans = Rebuilt TH350 - TCI Torque Converter, not sure which one

Body, interior... Ewww... No bad rust though...

Needs, Transmission dipstick we used the one out of the V6 and it didn't work out ... Timing Set ... Exhaust ... Still has the 7.5 Rear end ... You can what the body and interior needs from the pics (Everything)

http://s855.photobucket.com/albums/ab114/ExTerMaSo/Regal/

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Do you have receipts to prove that the parts are new and the drivetrain is new? More than likely you have a 2000 stall ( corvette stock stall) and do you have the fan shroud? What is the odometer reading? Any suspension upgrades and is the 7.5 rear stock? Does the AC and heater work?

These are just questions that if I were a buyer looking at the car, I would ask you.

Hemihauler

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 2, 2010
I have purchased 2 G-Bodies in the last 6 months, one was at an estate sale. 86 Grandprix Brouham 66,000 Orignal miles. Was raining the day of the auction, did not have a battery in it, overall very clean car $650.00. 3 weeks ago i found an 86 Cutlass, 98,000 miles, bad exhaust and possibly a bad plug on water pump, but again overall a clean car-sounds like your situation-owner needed money-$550.00. Wil be posting pics in near future. But both cars were clean and both run and drive. With the current economic situation-what do you feel its worth. Unfortunatley, unless it is something special, there are still too many available to expect big money. I dont want to give you a figure, maybe it will give you some kind of an idea.

LGhost

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 18, 2010
if i kept them receipts i would have returned the parts. I bet I do have them in a stack of papers... I have a fan shroud that will need to be customized or it may not work, i through in the trunk... Odometer reads 85,000... Stock rear I guess.... The guy I bought it from says he did put some performance brakes on it but I don't like em cuz u can barely touch the pedal and it slams the car to a stop... I dunno bout heat nor a/c I know the a/c needs one of the lines... I'm pretty sure its the stock 7.5 as I took the 3.8 out it... I have some brand new springs for the front and rear shocks. They aren't on though.

I paid 700 for the car
700 for the motor
300 carb
200 manifold
150 trans
150 torque converter
150 headers

a lot of little crap too that added up... i dont want to think about how much i put into it as i know i wont get that back. i just wonder if i can get 1500 out of it... Mind you, I'm in st. louis and the Regal is a highly wanted car...

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
This is just my 2 cents but, i wouldn't sell the car. It's not worth a whole lot the way it sits, and you've at least got a good start. I'd hold on to it and keep up the good work.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
I'll be the first to be blunt and say g-bodies, in general, aren't worth sh*t. Roughly 2-3 years ago I tried selling my malibu with fresh paint, complete new drivetrain, suspension, and interior. You were basically getting a whole new car. I wanted something around 7500 for it and went as low as 6500 for it on craigslist. That is how I came across this website cause I was trying to sell it.

The malibu resembled your regal when I first got it and I traded a broken dirt bike and $200 for it and that was before the economy took a dump. I think with your car your looking at $1000 on a bad day, $1500 on a good day. But if you do sell it make sure you post your asking price at something like $1800obo, that way if someone asks for a lower price you can step it down to $1500 and get the money you want. Down where I'm at, regals and g-bodies are everywhere and are dirt cheap. Yeah St. Louis does see it's salt and sandy roads, so there is probably more demand there for a clean g-body. But even then, the economy is still in the hurt-locker and no one wants to spend.

2fit661ca

Master Mechanic
Nov 16, 2009
Fairfield, IA
patmckinneyracing said:
I'll be the first to be blunt and say g-bodies, in general, aren't worth sh*t.
I'll have to disagree with you a little there. Up here in Iowa, a Malibu would not go for much, but Monte Carlos, Cutlasses, Grand Prixs, and Regals go for an arm, a leg, and your first born child. Most people won't even sell their's if they don't have to. They'd rather let them sit out in a field for 15 years until they finally decide to mutilate it and turn it into a figure 8 car; that or until the value goes up. (i don't think leaving a car in a field to rot is exactly going to help it's value....) I know of 8 G-bodies here in Fairfield that haven't moved once for as long as I can remember, and the owners won't sell them.

...does anybody else cringe when they drive by someone's house and they've got 10+ classic cars just rotting away in their yard? "Ohh, I'm gonna restore that someday....."

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
2fit661ca said:
...does anybody else cringe when they drive by someone's house and they've got 10+ classic cars just rotting away in their yard? "Ohh, I'm gonna restore that someday....."

makes me wanna :blam:

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
2fit661ca said:

I have heard that far too often, now I don't even bother to stop and ask :puke: .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor